Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/07/15 01:42 AM
Comments go here.

Corrina. wave
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/07/15 02:16 AM
Absolutely wonderful chapter Corrina. We knew it would take a bit of time but they do seem to be back to near where they were before. The 'chumpy' line was absolutely adorable. With them back together I wonder if Lex should not be a little concerned. Lane and Kent are a pretty formidable combination even with Clark not-so super. I wonder how long before Lois gives Clark to whole story, I mean when Herb comes to get Lois he will not be able to do it in a completely clandestine manner and now Clark has his old Lois he is not likely to let her out of his sight for very long. The story has many possibilities and I can't wait to see which one (ones) you take.

Mike
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/08/15 09:34 PM
Another awesome chapter; I was so happy to see it on the boards. Can't wait for the next chapter... as always! smile
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/08/15 11:02 PM
I am so excited about this story, Corrina smile...

Amazing chapter--I've read 3 times now, I think, since it was posted blush notworthy .

This section, watching Lois really start to 'see' Clark--in all that he is and how he cares so deeply for her--was really beautiful. And Clark...he wants to love Lois with everything he is, but is just so scared. Of the consequences with Luthor, but mainly, because he's already been hurt so badly by her.

It's been really new and interesting having Lois be the one making the first moves--touches, bringing up the park and what was said. Clark's resistance is crumbing quickly wink.

Can NOT wait to read more....these last few hours spent in hiding, making their escape. And then overall, seeing how Lois 'gets back', rights some very apparent (now) wrongs.

Wonderful job!
Laura
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/09/15 01:21 AM
Wonderful! Yeah, it would be hard to forget the vision of a shirtless Clark. wink Nice section of them getting more comfortable with each other again, realizing that feelings are still there. Very worried about what will happen when Luthor finds them! Looking forward to the next part.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/10/15 12:47 AM
Another powerful part. I'm so glad that it ended with at least a glimmer of hope and a touch of lightness. The "chumpy" ending was brilliant.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Sydney Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/11/15 07:22 AM
Wonderful chapter! I'm looking forward to the next part!

And my favorite quote:

Clark without his smile was a lot like life without chocolate.

wave
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/11/15 11:52 AM
Outside of their haven, the scratches and scuffles continued.

But they didn't matter.

Because she was with Clark.

So many layers and textures to the conversation Lois and Clark had before going to sleep.

She'd worked so hard to suffocate every skerrick of physical attraction for her partner. She'd refused to give even a breath of oxygen to the acknowledgement that Clark Kent had a handsome face, a stunning body, and a gorgeous smile.

How she missed that smile.

She decided on her mission for today. Somehow, she would get Clark to smile.

Only to add more angst, physical attraction and a very deep friendship to the mix. Brilliantly written Corrina.
Posted By: cilygo Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/30/15 03:01 PM
Really enjoy reading this. Looking forward to the next part.
Posted By: Superjan Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 09/25/15 02:00 PM
Love, love your story so far! PLEASE, PLEASE finish it! cry
Posted By: Annalina19 Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 10/03/15 09:35 PM
Where are you Corrina?
I have been totally hooked to your story! You are really one of my favorite writer.
I liked you used the time machine but for a completely different time period and in a kind of alternative universe since we know that in cannon she never married Lex.
Clark seems so fragile. I am eager to see how they are gonna slip from Luthor's hands.

PLEASE post soon the next parts! I am sure I am not alone waiting impatiently for it!
Take care,
Hannah
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/07/15 04:49 AM
Hi Corrina, just wondered how the story was coming along? I realise RL is hectic this time of year, but hoping you will get some spare time for the next chapter or two... or three. wink
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/10/15 12:17 AM
Oh wow. Great story. I'm ready for the rest of it.
r/
Artemis
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/10/15 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by elizabeth
Hi Corrina, just wondered how the story was coming along? I realise RL is hectic this time of year, but hoping you will get some spare time for the next chapter or two... or three. wink

I looked at her posting history, nothing since July 06, 2015 19:42 when she started this feedback thread. Nothing anywhere on the board.

Hopefully whatever happen in her real life is simply time consuming and not bad.

Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/11/15 10:01 PM
Thanks for the concern, Patrick. And thanks to everyone else who enquired.

What happened in real life can be summed up in three words and is not bad at all - in fact, it's a dream come true.

Bought. A. Farm.

So I haven't been writing much because my mind is filled with the million things I need to learn (how to tell when a cow is in season, how to eartag a lamb/calf, how to register a property (and then livestock) on the gov website, how to stop a calf biting her mother's teats, how to treat the injured teats, how to make yoghurt, how to train a Livestock Guardian Dog, how to make cheese, how to vaccinate young livestock, how to grow good pasture, how to know which minerals I should be offering cattle/sheep, how to stop bugs eating seedlings, how to rebuild a tumbledown chicken shed, how to construct a fox-proof fence, ...)

When I do actually sit down and open up my computer, I usually spend a long time searching for answers to the day's questions. And then I browse seed catalogues. Or search sites similar to Craig's List for animals and equipment. By the time I open up the fic, I'm too exhausted to think.

However, I had a major sticking point in the story, which I have resolved, so I know *how* to proceed, just not *when* I will be able to do so.

Number 1 son is getting married next Saturday, so I'll be at most of the pre-wedding festivities and between times, I'll be making the 6-hour round trip back to the farm to do what has to be done here.

Can't see a lot of writing getting done this week.

Then, it's Christmas, and all the kids (except for the one on his honeymoon) will be coming home.

After that ... maybe.

I am committed to finishing this story.

Gotta go. Mirren (my just-a-little-bit-aloof-and-occasionally-snippy-but-still-gorgeous-Jersey cow) is waiting for me to milk her.

Merry Christmas to you all. Thanks for your continuing interest and extraordinary patience.

Corrina.
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/11/15 10:43 PM
Wow, you sure have a hectic life at present; I thought the farm might be keeping you busy. smile Exciting times for you all and especially with the wedding and Christmas coming up. Great to know you will be completing the story and we don't mind waiting for it really, as we know it's so going to be worth the wait. smile

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Corrina.

Cheers from NZ
Elizabeth
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/12/15 03:03 AM
Wow! Thanks for the update. Someday it will settle down, though.
Maybe there are some teenage kids about on other farms that would be interested in helping you out for modest sums.
regards
Artemis
Posted By: SupesFan Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/12/15 04:46 AM
Corrina,

What a great new stage of life for you. Farming is hard work, but very rewarding. Take all the time you need to enjoy this endeavor.

However, remember there are so many loyal and devoted readers who love this story. We will wait patiently (some more than others) for you to continue and finish this amazing and intriguing story.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HiddenMoon Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/12/15 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Female Hawk
What happened in real life can be summed up in three words and is not bad at all - in fact, it's a dream come true.

Bought. A. Farm.

This. Is. So. Cool!!! A farm in Australia! Guys, we have a real-life McLeod Daughter on the boards! laugh
Kidding aside, I can only imagine the amount of hard work you're facing starting such a venture from zero-I salute your bravery! Good luck for this new, exciting adventure smile
(Meanwhile, we will eagerly wait for the new chapters of your story) wink
Have a Marry Christmas with your family!
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/14/15 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
This. Is. So. Cool!!! A farm in Australia! Guys, we have a real-life McLeod Daughter on the boards! laugh

LOL - From the very little I saw of that show, I remember a lot of horse riding. We don't have a horse, so our reality is probably a bit different.

Have a Marry Christmas with your family!

I'm not sure if that was a typo, but it's perfect for a Wedding/Christmas. Thanks! smile

Corrina.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 12/14/15 03:53 PM
Sorry, forgot to comment here - hope everything goes really well with the new farm; my experience of farms unfortunately amounts to seeing someone else get a nasty shock by leaning on an electrified cattle fence during an ecology field trip, so the useful advice I can give is pretty minimal...
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 05/02/16 03:19 AM
I am beginning to think Lois will be stuck in the future permanently.
Posted By: Eclectic Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/08/17 04:09 AM
I've always been the silent/lurking reader that reads what's there and doesn't comment or offer feedback and praise, but I figured I should probably start now. Recently I noticed that I was getting bored with the fandom as I had already read most of the fanfictions. I've always been a fan of your stories (a silent fan) yet for some reason I don't think I came across this one in the past, or if I had it didn't spark my immediate interest. But I just finished reading it and I absolutely loved the idea and plot, and became engrossed in it (even going as far as staying up until 6am trying to read as much of it as I could before I finally crashed). Somehow it has reawakened my interest and love of this fan community. And I know that this story hasn't been updated in 2 years but if you do ever come back to it, just know that I will be eagerly waiting and the first to read it.
Posted By: SupesFan Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/08/17 04:37 AM
I , too, am a lurker. Two years since the last posting? shock I have never given up hope that additional parts of this story will be posted. The premise is imaginative. The angst ridden plot longs for resolution. jawdrop
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/09/17 11:23 PM
G'day!

Many apologies for the long absence. Instead of re-typing my reasons (excuses!), I'll quote a previous post.

Originally Posted by Female Hawk

Bought. A. Farm.

So I haven't been writing much because my mind is filled with the million things I need to learn (how to tell when a cow is in season, how to eartag a lamb/calf, how to register a property (and then livestock) on the gov website, how to stop a calf biting her mother's teats, how to treat the injured teats, how to make yoghurt, how to train a Livestock Guardian Dog, how to make cheese, how to vaccinate young livestock, how to grow good pasture, how to know which minerals I should be offering cattle/sheep, how to stop bugs eating seedlings, how to rebuild a tumbledown chicken shed, how to construct a fox-proof fence, ...)

When I do actually sit down and open up my computer, I usually spend a long time searching for answers to the day's questions. And then I browse seed catalogues. Or search sites similar to Craig's List for animals and equipment. By the time I open up the fic, I'm too exhausted to think.

The farm still takes up a lot of my time. After more than two years, it still feels as if we're just beginning. I'm loving it all, though!

Thanks to everyone for your continuing interest in the story. The reason I haven't replied in the past is that nothing had changed - I was hoping to continue the story, but couldn't see it happening any time soon.

However, I began working on it again a couple of weeks ago and then (to my surprise) this thread jumped to the top of the list.

So, still no promises or even a guess as to when new chapters might appear.

But I haven't forgotten this wonderful place and people, and I haven't abandoned the story.

Morgana - thanks for your PM. I hope this answers your question. smile

Got to go and milk my sweet girl, Mirren! And feed 3 calves. And check on 4 ewes due to lamb in about a month. And check/comfort two lambs separated from their mothers for weaning. And open up the back gate so the cows can feed in the channel paddock. Then a big day in the vegetable garden, and *maybe* some writing this evening.

Corrina.

Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Two Days Together (6/?) - 07/10/17 11:17 PM
Woohoo! Lovely to see you back on here Corrina. Have fun and we look forward to more story when time permits. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards