Page 1 of 2 1 2
#25467 11/15/05 05:05 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Good! A happy ending wink

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ah ha! I figured when you said there was a reason Nathan didn't complain that he spoke Russian. Though I wasn't sure *why*. I'm glad you explained that. The bad guys are caught, everyone is happy and safe. *And* Nathan is in Metropolis! (*mind busily sets up a happy super future for Emily and Nathan* laugh )

Wonderful story!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
I read all four parts last night, but was too tired to post any feedback.

And I have to rush off to get the kids to school and me to work momentarily . . . but I know that if I don't post now, I will forget later.

So I don't have time to say much more than, Wow! That was great. smile Very, very nice. thumbsup

*hopefully* Sequel?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really, really enjoyed this, Sarah - and given I'm not generally a fan of nextgens involving kids that's quite an achievement! wink

Like Karen, I'm busy plotting Emily and Nathan's future, so I hope that's what you had in mind. goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a nice and lovely story! smile1
I live very much the last scene, it gives us hope for a sequel! wink

simona smile

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
So Nathan understands Russian. That makes sense. Actually, I also figured that out from your reply comments in the third feedback thread.

And now Nathan knows the secret. Will he start getting into trouble along with Emily? She's too Lois not to. wink

Lovely new characters and lovely story.

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
More

I [Linked Image] [Linked Image] it.

Columnist
Columnist
I REALLY liked the end to this one! I loved the fact that Nathan spoke Russian...that was cute...especially his comment of 'you'd have been better off with Chinese'...good job. Great fic! thumbsup

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I do love next gen stories and I thought this was one was very good.

Loved the kids and you had just enough A-plot to advance the relationship between Emily and Nathan.

I'm hoping you're now writing a sequel. smile

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just started reading this. I like it.

Will come back later to finish my comments.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Sorry I missed commenting earlier...

I must admit, I liked the first two parts better, but parts 3 and 4 were very good too. I enjoyed reading this story.

Hope you'll keep writing smile
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Good, cute story. Lots of potential if you want to expand things, too. One thing I'm curious about, however is the thugs who tried to shoot Nathan in the alley. Jack stopped the bullet in front of them, didn't he? And they took off, so they know he's a super....

--
Jeff
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for reading, everybody!

To reply to a few specific comments...

I realize that I probably shouldn't have said what I did about the Russian in my comments folder; I gave too much away. I had just wanted to know if that satisfied their thoughts on that subject, or if they felt that Nathan should have pretended he didn't understand so they wouldn't wonder themselves.

My thought, with the two guys having their bullets grabbed out of the air, was that they would just freak, not believing what they'd seen. After all, they're not in Metropolis, and while they've probably heard of Superman, it would be a more distant thing... he goes around the world for larger disasters, but not to stop bank robbers. And it's a dark alley... etc. Is that enough explanation, or should I try to go back and fix that somehow?

Originally, I wasn't planning a sequel, and I was going to reply to this post saying that I'd already told Emily and Nathan's story and that it was done. However, I started thinking about what a sequel might *be* if I were to write one... and, shall we say, the muse perked up her ears. So, I have lots of ideas and I'm working on writing them now, so there may be a sequel after all!

Thanks again for reading and for all your comments.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Meerkat:
However, I started thinking about what a sequel might *be* if I were to write one... and, shall we say, the muse perked up her ears. So, I have lots of ideas and I'm working on writing them now, so there may be a sequel after all!
dance

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sarah

This is a wonderful story. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally, I wasn't planning a sequel, and I was going to reply to this post saying that I'd already told Emily and Nathan's story and that it was done. However, I started thinking about what a sequel might *be* if I were to write one... and, shall we say, the muse perked up her ears. So, I have lots of ideas and I'm working on writing them now, so there may be a sequel after all!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A very well done NextGen.

I look forward to more of Nathan, Jack and Emily.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I liked this story a lot! I'm so glad Nathan's in Metropolis... I, too, will be delighted to read more of their story. Considering their increasingly close friendship, I imagine they'll be coconspirators in any adventures...

As for your comments on the Russian-speaking: I'm not sure how you could change the scene, really... it's so immediate, you know? You can't really go off on a tangent about Nathan in the middle of Jack and Emily's planning... Well, okay, I guess you could...

If he said anything in that scene, he'd probably have replied or commented in Russian, right? Since that's what they were speaking at the moment? (Maybe a curse in Russian just as they flee the building, like when Jack grabs him? I'm sure neither Emily nor Nathan were exactly grabbed gently at that point! goofy That could result in some mildly panicked conversation between Jack and Emily once they pick themselves up and dust themselves off after the explosion. goofy )

Nathan's reacted with silence before, and he's a smart kid. He'd understand they'd switched languages to exclude him. Maybe Nathan could just move restlessly when they first start speaking in Russian. The thing is, though, you do explain it further down in the story, and on the Archive (HINT, HINT), the story isn't separated into parts. So leaving that scene as is works for me.

As for any sort of fix to the bullets/robbers scene... I don't know. Maybe a throw-away comment overheard by Jack and Emily as the robbers vamoose? Along the lines of "last time we buy any coke from that dealer"? goofy

Anyway. I really liked the story, and I am another one who rarely reads any next-gen stuff. I'd love to see more of Nathan and Emily's adventures. Either right after he arrives or as they get older. Hey, you could have a series here, you know.

Give that muse free reign!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoopsies!

Loved the ending! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard