Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#237245 02/10/07 07:29 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just curious. I know FoLCs come from around the world, but just how well do we have things covered?

The poll is by GMT/UMT offset. I'm working from this site . It would probably help if you went there first to find your time zone/offset. You can also check this large map from Wikipedia and this page (which, unlike the first one, doesn't require Flash Player).

To make things simpler, I'm ignoring the partial-hour time zones. If you happen to live in one, just pick whatever is closest to you.

I'm also ignoring Daylight Savings.

If you travel around a lot, just pick whichever one seems most like "home." Your permanent mailing address, where you spend the most time, where most of your family lives... whatever works. If all else fails, go with where you are right now.

For your convenience, I've included a couple of cities/regions in each time zone. These were pulled off the list from the first site, pretty much at whim. Please don't be offended if I chose one city over another or if I (and/or the site) overlooked your city. It's just a quick and rough reference.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's a fun one - I'm curious to find out if we cover all the zones. That would be cool. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
six out of 24 so far.

If you use windows, double-clicking on the clock in the bottom RH corner should give you a display that shows a clock and calendar, and says which time zone you're in.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If you use windows, double-clicking on the clock in the bottom RH corner should give you a display that shows a clock and calendar, and says which time zone you're in.
Mine's set to display continuously.
Great poll, Hatman. I live at GMT-8, but am just leaving for GMT-10. Can we count that?
cool
Artemis the time zone nut

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Features Writer
Features Writer
I live in GMT +1

All the best from Austria,
Barb

PS: I like you idea wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm in GMT-5.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm in GMT -5.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm in GMT -6, the midwest.

Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
GMT +10 a Sydney girl (though you knew that already from looking where I'm from).

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm in GMT -3. I live in the south of Brazil, near to Porto Alegre (state of Rio Grande do Sul). wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
Well, Germany is GMT +1.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am currently in GMT - 8(Seattle) , so that's what I marked... but home is GMT + 4 (Dubai, United Arab Emirates).. wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm *in* GMT - and I mean that literally, working as I do in the centre of Greenwich. laugh The observatory where the zero meridian is located is just ten minutes walk away from my desk.

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm *in* GMT - and I mean that literally, working as I do in the centre of Greenwich. laugh The observatory where the zero meridian is located is just ten minutes walk away from my desk.
Oooh! that is just SO cool! /me wishes she lived somewhere special, too...

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That is pretty cool, Yvonne. smile

I'm just wondering where all our Asian FoLCs are. Metwin1? Meclone2? You still out there?

Paul
(Physically in GMT-5, although where the mind is seems to be rather debatable... wink )

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
Oooh! that is just SO cool! /me wishes she lived somewhere special, too...
Since when is Montreal not a cool place to live? I mean, really?!?

Yvonne, I bet I've walked past your building. It's been over a year now, but I spent a fair amount of time in Greenwich. You lucky duck!

I'm high in the mountains, in the Mountain time zone, which translates to GMT -7.

Sue (who has the obligatory tourist photo of herself standing on the meridian at Greenwich)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
(who has the obligatory tourist photo of herself standing on the meridian at Greenwich)
Me too! me 2! goofy
...When I visited Greenwich in 2000, I had a picture of me taken, with one leg on either side of the line smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Merriwether
Merriwether
GMT -8

Been on the West Coast of the USA for a long time.

I'm afraid we may not have all 24. Any FoLC's in the Pago Pago time zone?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(who has the obligatory tourist photo of herself standing on the meridian at Greenwich)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too! me 2!
...When I visited Greenwich in 2000, I had a picture of me taken, with one leg on either side of the line
Yes, me three. I've travelled around the world quite a bit, always avoiding guided tours and the usual tourist traps. (My honeymoon was spent backpacking around Turkey for a month...no sipping pina coladas on the beach for me!) However, I do feel compelled to take the obligatory tourist photo when the opportunity presents itself. I have the Greenwich photo, me kissing the Blarney Stone, my hand in the Boca de Veritas...all the usual suspects. (I hang my head in shame.)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I didn't see an option there for "simultaneously co-exists in 2 time zones".

I'm EST and CST depending on what day of the week it is. I can't tell you how confused I get trying to watch any television program regularly.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard