Just curious. I know FoLCs come from around the world, but just how well do we have things covered?

The poll is by GMT/UMT offset. I'm working from this site . It would probably help if you went there first to find your time zone/offset. You can also check this large map from Wikipedia and this page (which, unlike the first one, doesn't require Flash Player).

To make things simpler, I'm ignoring the partial-hour time zones. If you happen to live in one, just pick whatever is closest to you.

I'm also ignoring Daylight Savings.

If you travel around a lot, just pick whichever one seems most like "home." Your permanent mailing address, where you spend the most time, where most of your family lives... whatever works. If all else fails, go with where you are right now.

For your convenience, I've included a couple of cities/regions in each time zone. These were pulled off the list from the first site, pretty much at whim. Please don't be offended if I chose one city over another or if I (and/or the site) overlooked your city. It's just a quick and rough reference.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.