Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#225928 02/29/12 03:27 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Have any of you ever been to the Newseum in Washington, D.C.? I recently had the chance to go to it and it has become one of my favorite museums. I've had a soft spot for journalism ever since getting into LnC and the museum really makes you think about what am impact the press can make when used correctly.

One thing that is really poignant is this wall they have of every journalist that has died in the line of duty. I've thought of that wall a lot recently with the deaths in Syria. frown

I don't really have a lot of experience or knowledge of journalism beyond reading the news in real life and reading about our favorite journalists on this site. But I strongly recommend the museum for anyone that may be passing through DC. If you're anything like me, you'll get a bit of a thrill thinking about how Lois and Clark would view a museum like this.

They also have an exhibit of Pulitzer Prize winning photos. That always makes me think of Jimmy. laugh

Newseum Website

~Kristen

P.S. I'm also thinking this could be used in a fanfic in some way... goofy

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#225929 02/29/12 10:52 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Never heard of it before! Sounds cool! smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#225930 03/03/12 12:26 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think I'm adding that to my list of places to go before I die smile

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
#225931 03/03/12 10:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I've heard of that place! Looks so cool. I remember my family and I made a cross country trip the year before it opened and I was so disappointed when I learned it opened after I had already gone! Would still like to go there, someday...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#225932 03/04/12 08:00 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I went there over twelve years ago as a senior in high school. I suspect it would go over really well with the two of them.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard