Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: minimunch3 Newseum - 02/29/12 07:27 PM
Have any of you ever been to the Newseum in Washington, D.C.? I recently had the chance to go to it and it has become one of my favorite museums. I've had a soft spot for journalism ever since getting into LnC and the museum really makes you think about what am impact the press can make when used correctly.

One thing that is really poignant is this wall they have of every journalist that has died in the line of duty. I've thought of that wall a lot recently with the deaths in Syria. frown

I don't really have a lot of experience or knowledge of journalism beyond reading the news in real life and reading about our favorite journalists on this site. But I strongly recommend the museum for anyone that may be passing through DC. If you're anything like me, you'll get a bit of a thrill thinking about how Lois and Clark would view a museum like this.

They also have an exhibit of Pulitzer Prize winning photos. That always makes me think of Jimmy. laugh

Newseum Website

~Kristen

P.S. I'm also thinking this could be used in a fanfic in some way... goofy
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Newseum - 03/01/12 02:52 AM
Never heard of it before! Sounds cool! smile
Posted By: Olive Re: Newseum - 03/03/12 04:26 PM
I think I'm adding that to my list of places to go before I die smile
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Newseum - 03/04/12 02:19 AM
I've heard of that place! Looks so cool. I remember my family and I made a cross country trip the year before it opened and I was so disappointed when I learned it opened after I had already gone! Would still like to go there, someday...
Posted By: Christina Re: Newseum - 03/04/12 12:00 PM
I went there over twelve years ago as a senior in high school. I suspect it would go over really well with the two of them.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards