Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
After reading the "Hug a FOLC" post, I realized that I don't know a lot of people on this board, and I bet a lot don't know me. So let's do a little poll and get to know one another better. (Or you could look at it as taking pity on someone who is bored at work today ... The Daily Planet lies; a newsroom is not always hopping!)

1. Name?
2. A nickname people call you on the boards?
3. Where do you live?
4. When did you start watching L&C?
5. Other shows you watch?
6. Three things you can't live without?
7. Three things you can't live with?
8. A fun fact about yourself?
9. Your last vacation?
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why?

Here are my answers:

1. Name? Jenn
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Jax, Pinky.
3. Where do you live? Washington state.
4. When did you start watching L&C? Toward the end of the first season.
5. Other shows you watch? Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters.
6. Three things you can't live without? Chapstick, lotion, my Coach sunglasses.
7. Three things you can't live with? My inlaws, birds (big fear) and traffic on the freeway.
8. A fun fact about yourself? I got married in Hawaii (at sunset, much like L&C, but unlike them our minister wasn't a guardian angel named Mike.)
9. Your last vacation? Las Vegas in June.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Lois ... I'm a journalist who drives too fast, talks too fast and won't settle for anything but being the fastest and the best! wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
What an excellent idea, Jax!

1. Name? - Em... I don't actually use my real name online, so joker. wink
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? - Pouty Kitty. That not a nick I actually earned on the boards, but Irene Dutch's husband started calling me that because of my Puss in Boots impersonation. wink
3. Where do you live? - Chatellerault, a small town in Mid-Western France.
4. When did you start watching L&C? - That seems like such a long time ago... at the end of S3 actually.
5. Other shows you watch? - Lately, I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of a German show called Verliebt in Berlin (to the point of writing fanfic) Otherwise, CSI, Grey's Anatomy, Law and Order (especially SVU), Cold Case, Crossing Jordan, Without a Trace, Doctor Who, Gilmore Girls, The West Wing...
6. Three things you can't live without? - My cat, my laptop computer, music.
7. Three things you can't live with? - The headteacher at the school I work, lemon pies, fear/stress etc.
8. A fun fact about yourself? - I prefer English to my birth language and many of my friends say I was born in the wrong country. In fact, I wasn't able to write a single line of fiction in my birth language (French) until a few months ago. These days I'm making things even more complicated by getting back to learning German. Yep, I'm a language freak! And second fun fact about myself: I'm also a rollercoaster freak (my favourite being Raptor in Cedar Point, Ohio.)
9. Your last vacation? - In Paris last August, and I spent a day at Disneyland Resort Paris. Fun! But my last REAL vacation was in 2006 (Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and LA... wow... just wow...)
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? - Clark, because I'm actually very shy and spent many years hiding my real self from everyone.

Kae smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks Jax for such a great thread!!

Kaethel, I love Cedar Point!!! I remember the Raptor even though I was in middle school when I went there! goofy

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Blogger
Blogger
A very good idea indeed thumbsup

1. Name? Kostas
2. A nickname people call you on the boards and irl? Mufasa.
3. Where do you live? Greece.
4. When did you start watching L&C? When I was 10 years old, alongside with my sister.
5. Other shows you watch? Everwood, Desperate Housewives, Smallville, Friends, Lost, Prison Break.
6. Three things you can't live without? Me, myself and I.
7. Three things you can't live with? Me, myself, and I.
8. A fun fact about yourself? I'm not funny.
9. Your last vacation? 19 years ago.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? I like Superman when the kryptonite [the true kryptonite was his love for Lois; only true love make us vulnerable] is around him *shifty eyes*. Somehow I have a liking for Perry White. He can be strict but loose in the same time. He has class, he's cool and he's very patient (well relatively:P).

What I've felt,
What I've known,
Never shined through in what I've shown.
Top Banana
Top Banana
1. Name? My initials are JLO ... that's all you're getting for now.
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Gr8shades. (and very occasionally Clarkgodyesdon'tstop!) wink
3. Where do you live? London, when I'm not away working.
4. When did you start watching L&C? March 1995 - I missed the first 15 min of the pilot cos I had my first university accounting test. Was sooo angry about that cos I knew I was gonna love it! I got 49% for that test btw, and it was all downhill from there! goofy Thankfully I dropped the course at the end of the semester and moved on to better things.
5. Other shows you watch? Desperate Housewives, Bones, Heroes, Ugly Betty, and you can't go wrong with Friends.
6. Three things you can't live without? Air, nourishment, enough sleep.
7. Three things you can't live with? Having to get up early, cigarette smoke, people who don't wash dishes properly
8. A fun fact about yourself? I sleep with my head under the pillow. Shuts the light out in summer, keeps me warm in winter and keeps any unwanted ambient noise to a minimum. Oh, you said fun fact, not weird. Oh well.
9. Your last vacation? Christmas in South Africa last year.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Am emotionally insecure/commitment phobic like season 1&2 Lois (and you wonder why I didn't tell you my name! lol); am kind, patient and loyal like Clark.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
Great idea!

1. Name? Jessica
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Jessi, Cape Fetish
3. Where do you live? Anchorage, Alaska
4. When did you start watching L&C? Hmm...maybe second season when it was first airing? I would have been about 7, so it's hard to remember.
5. Other shows you watch? Charmed!! and House, Family Guy, Futurama, Scrubs.
6. Three things you can't live without? Computer (with internet access), my LnC DVDs, and my favorite blanket.
7. Three things you can't live with? Cigarettes/smoke, MTV, horrible drivers.
8. A fun fact about yourself? Ummm...I'll get back to you on that.
9. Your last vacation? Other than coming home for spring break while I was away at college? Ug, it's been forever. I guess visiting my grandparents in Oregon 3 or 4 years ago.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Clark, I suppose. I'm very mild-mannered!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
1. Name? Elisabeth
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Lisa, MrsMosley
3. Where do you live? Florida
4. When did you start watching L&C? I remember liking the reruns when I was in college. After I discovered the fanfic last year I bought the DVDs and watched them all but I don't revisit them much. I like the fic more than the show.
5. Other shows you watch? Nothing regularly, but sometimes House and Law and Order. I miss Friends and Gilmore Girls.
6. Three things you can't live without? Internet! (most of my friends live in my computer). My husband. Chapstick.
7. Three things you can't live with? A nine-to-five job. Liver (the kind they sell to eat, not my own. smile ) Diet Pepsi.
8. A fun fact about yourself? I usually tell people who ask this that I'm a Superman fan, but I guess that won't work here! The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I visited Europe for three months on my own when I was 22.
9. Your last vacation? New York City, Sep 2006.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? No idea, let me get back to you!

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
1. Name? Kate
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Farmer, Daisy
3. Where do you live? Kansas wink
4. When did you start watching L&C? Summer 2006, someone said I might like it and I did laugh
5. Other shows you watch? Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Medium, How I Met Your Mother, SVU, House
6. Three things you can't live without? My crappy computer, My dvds, My cat wink
7. Three things you can't live with? My BA, My teachers, my crappy car
8. A fun fact about yourself? I've been to Germany, Hawaii and Prince Edward Island, Canada (Anne Shirley's home)
9. Your last vacation? Las Vegas in July, poor Jax and I couldn't go together :p
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Clark, I am very quiet and loyal but I am not from another planet wink

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Kerth
Kerth
1. Name? Sue S.

2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Um, "Sue" is my nickname. My real name is... something else.

3. Where do you live? Western US

4. When did you start watching L&C? From the very first episode until the beginning of the fourth season when I walked away in frustration. Everything I loved about the characters and the writing for the show was gone and not even Dean in spandex could keep me watching.

5. Other shows you watch? The Daily Show, Colbert Report and anything on the Discovery, History, or Science channels. Mostly I spend my free time in the evenings reading or writing instead of watching TV. If the TV is on, it's usually on the news (or fake news <g>).

6. Three things you can't live without? My son, something to read, and (unfortunately) feedback. I should never have started writing because I crave the stuff something awful now. It's pathetic. blush

7. Three things you can't live with? Single drivers in the car pool lane, people who mispronounce "Nevada" and bigots.

8. A fun fact about yourself? I must walk with a rather confident gait or look approachable because every time I'm in London (and once in Paris), I've been mistaken for a local and people ask me for directions. The expression on their faces when I answer with an American accent is priceless.

9. Your last vacation? The lovely LaraMoon came to visit me last month and we took a road trip to Bryce Canyon for the weekend. Much silliness ensued. Before that - I took my mom to Ireland for her 60th birthday and it was the best two weeks of my life. My mom rocks!

10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? I have Cat's dirty mind, Jimmy's klutziness, and Perry's temper. Like Lois, I tend to babble. Like Clark, I have an alter ego - only mine writes fanfic instead of saving the world. Unlike Clark, I would freak twice and die if anyone in my real life found out about my alter ego. <shudders>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
1. Name? Not Caroline wink

2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Caroline or just 'C'

3. Where do you live? upstate South Carolina

4. When did you start watching L&C? Umm...Sometime in 2005, I think, not long after the first DVD was released. I found the fan fic first and then went looking for the DVD's a few months later. I started writing a few months after that.

5. Other shows you watch? Way too many these days! House, Bones, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, and we've just started watching Season 1 of Heroes and are getting sucked into that.

6. Three things you can't live without? My family, my computer, and coffee. The coffee is practically medicinal with me - necessary for normal human function. I told my daughter recently that the last time I went without coffee was when I was pregnant with her. She shuddered slightly and said, "Boy, I'm glad I wasn't born yet."

7. Three things you can't live with? People who are chronically late *grrr*, fandom kerfuffles, white floors.

8. A fun fact about yourself? I have a new dog! OK, that's not really about me, but I'm excited about it, so I'm sharing. She's a Labradoodle, is a year old (a rescue dog), and is sweet and smart and just generally destined for the dog Hall of Fame.

9. Your last vacation? Edisto Island, two weeks ago. Wish I were still there!

10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Yikes. I have no idea. Maybe Martha? I'm kind of a strange mix of down-to-earth and creative, and I'm fiercely protective of my children.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
1. Name? Pei-Jean
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Crazy Babe
3. Where do you live? Sydney Australia
4. When did you start watching L&C? On and off for the first two seasons, but regularly since the third when it originally aired. I would've been about 9 or 10 when the Pilot aired.
5. Other shows you watch? I don't watch too much TV now, but when I do it's usually the news, cricket, football (AKA soccer) and Australian football (yes I'm sport mad).
6. Three things you can't live without? My laptop, books and my ipod.
7. Three things you can't live with? Telemarketers, fruit cake and hayfever
8. A fun fact about yourself? Most people who meet me assume I have no Chinese. Everytime I go to a Chinese restaurant they'll almost always speak to me in English unless I say something to them in Chinese. I also have people asking why I have not accent easy answer I've been around Australians my whole life! Practically all my friends are Aussie.
9. Your last vacation? A road trip to Queensland, may be going overseas this Christmas.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Lois I'm brash, pessimistic and opinionated all to the fullest. Oh and cooking skills? What cooking skills I almost blew up the kitchen once and that was only making instant macaroni and cheese.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1. Name? Jana

2. A nickname people call you on the boards?
The actual nick here is Schnuffi(chen) but most people simply say Jana (maybe in fear of spelling mistakes wink )

3. Where do you live? Germany

4. When did you start L&C?
I started with the first airing of the Clone Arc in Germany, must have been in 1997, I think.

5. Other shows you watch?
too many to name them all, my fav is Gilmore Girls and Cosby Show

6. Three things you can't live without?
laptop
music
books/fanfiction

7. Three things you can't live with?
boredom
guilt
lack of sleep

8. A fun fact about yourself?
Geez, I'm not funny at all. Okay, well, interestingly, when I have to prepare myself for, say, an important talk and a stressful conversation, I start to imagine the things I'm going to say in English, most of the time without realising it. And when I get into that situation, I lack the right words in German

9. Your last vacation?
L.A., spring 2007 - it was a blast smile

I'd think it's a strange mix of Lois and Jimmy. I'm stubborn, moody and ambitious like Lois although there are some things that can hurt me very deeply. On the other hand, I always try to please people like Jimmy, plus I'm a technic nerd.

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Features Writer
Features Writer
1. Name? Patricia (yeeech razz )
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? TEEEEEJ, TJgruffs, shimauma
3. Where do you live? upper midwest crappy blue state
4. When did you start watching L&C? my 3rd year in the Air Force it came on, I watched the 2nd half of the pilot
5. Other shows you watch?Firefly, Scrubs, Gilligan's Island, How I Met Your Mother, AFV, My Name Is Earl, looking forward to Reaper
6. Three things you can't live without? my hubby, my kids, my convictions
7. Three things you can't live with? mosquitoes (the state bird where I live), whiners, and the 'tarded "media"
8. A fun fact about yourself? I know every line of Mammie in Gone With The Wind by heart and I can sound just like her.
9. Your last vacation? hubby and I spent a weekend in METROPOLIS, Il.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? I'd like to think I'm most like Clark, in that I can't do without my soulmate even though my soulmate is bossy, pigheaded and uptight; I always try to protect those closest to me, as well as help whoever I can reach in time. I am a do-gooder when I get the chance, but I can get fierce when I get riled up.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
1. Name? Caroline
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Lara, Caro
3. Where do you live? In a small suburb on the south shore of Montreal, Canada
4. When did you start watching L&C? Pilot episode, the day it first aired.
5. Other shows you watch?Smallville, Heroes, Survivor, The Batman, MythBusters and just about any documentary on Discovery Channel.
6. Three things you can't live without? My friends, music, the internet
7. Three things you can't live with? Lack of respect for others, egomania, loneliness
8. A fun fact about yourself? um... lessee... I got a stylized version of the Superman/Batman logo tattooed on my ankle. Is that fun?
9. Your last vacation? End of August, I spent a few wonderful days with Sue, then with Sara and Brucie.
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? As stupid as this is going to sound, I'm going to answer Superman. Because I have a natural tendency to want to help everyone with everything - unless it's in a kitchen! I'm useless and confused in a kitchen!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
1. Name? Barbara
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Vanda, Babsi
3. Where do you live?Austria, in a beautiful city
4. When did you start watching L&C? The first time the pilot was airing in Austria
5. Other shows you watch? too much... ER, Desperate Housewives, Lost, Boston Legal, CSI, King of Queens,...
6. Three things you can't live without? My boyfriend, my laptop (with internet connection), fanfics
7. Three things you can't live with? dust (or I get allergic reactions), moaning people, Fast Food
8. A fun fact about yourself? hmmm, let me think. I guess you have to ask my friends wink
9. Your last vacation? only a few days ago - Florida ( for 2 weeks)
I guess I'm a lot like Lois. I found my Clark some years ago. And also the familiy situations are a similar - I envy him - his parents are really great!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh, interesting idea!

1. Name? Karen
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Er.. Karen? sometimes Alice
3. Where do you live? Charlotte, NC
4. When did you start watching L&C? early in the first season when it first aired. I think I missed the pilot, but started either on the 2nd or 3rd ep
5. Other shows you watch? Oh goodness.. Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis (my other loves), House, Heroes, Lost, Desperate Housewives, CSI, Doctor Who, Eureka, Jeopardy... I can go on and on
6. Three things you can't live without? My family, my cat, books
7. Three things you can't live with? Lies, chaos, green beans
8. A fun fact about yourself? Um.. I often talk to myself in weird voices? It amuses me
9. Your last vacation? Family reunion in the lovely mountains of West Virginia
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Jimmy, most definitely. I'm not a hacker like him, but I've got a few skills and sometimes act puppy-doggish like him. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
1. Name? JD

2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Jen. We had a "what do you look like poll" a couple of years back, and when some people thought I was a guy, I had to give some clue of the names on my birth certificate.

3. Where do you live? the marshlands in Georgia, right by South Carolina.

4. When did you start watching L&C? Devoted watcher since the Pilot.

5. Other shows you watch? Grey's Anatomy, Everybody Loves Raymond, Family Guy

6. Three things you can't live without? Grey's Anatomy (I think Derek Shepard is the greatest thing since sliced bread), music, and art.

7. Three things you can't live with? tourists (it's like an invasion where I live), palmetto bugs, annnnd ok sometimes other artists. I've got some choice words to say about a few of the people I know around here.

8. A fun fact about yourself? Hmm my hair is streaked pink? And I talk to myself ALL the time. I swear I'm not THAT weird; I think out loud when I'm concepting, but I'm sure my neighbors have put me on the crazy list.

9. Your last vacation? Fun trip-Hawaii, business trip-D.C.

10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Lois Lane...I could write a thesis paper on the story of our lives. The only thing that's missing is a career in journalism, and my former best friend who's my favorite mistake.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
1. Name? Susan Young -I don't mind if people know...it's a common enough name. Plus, that's the name my fanfic is posted under.
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? Groobie
3. Where do you live? Riverside, California - about an hour east of Los Angeles
4. When did you start watching L&C? From the very beginning. I taped the pilot and watched SeaQuest DSV - lucky for me, SeaQuest was terrible, so I had the pilot on tape and loved LnC so much that I taped every single episode for the whole series.
5. Other shows you watch? Current favorite is Prison Break; all time favorites include Quantum Leap, Remington Steele, Scarecrow and Mrs. King
6. Three things you can't live without? answers that will win me Ms. America: world peace, apple pie and the American flag; shallow answers: Glen Ivy spa, Victoria Secret bras, and platform shoes with 4 inch stacked heels
7. Three things you can't live with? my mother-in-law, my mother-in law, and my mother-in law
8. A fun fact about yourself? I am a member of the Napoleonic Society of America and went to their annual convention instead of my high school reunion. I thought I'd have more fun talking with people about a guy who's been dead 200 years than hanging out with people I barely tolerated for four years of my life (I'm sure I made the right choice!).
9. Your last vacation? road trip up to San Francisco; but this winter break I'm going to Portugal and Morocco
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Mindy Church, because she's cunning, aggressive, intelligent, and a bottle-blond. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
1. Name? Ann.

2. A nickname people call you on the boards? TOC.

3. Where do you live? Malmö, Sweden.

4. When did you start watching L&C? Eh.... never got around to it?

5. Other shows you watch? Shows? You mean watch TV? I watch the news and weather report every day, isn't that enough? Okay, back in the seventies I watched Star Trek with Kirk and Spock (and I was unbelievably hooked)... and I loved M.A.S.H. and Soap (does anyone remember that one?)... and the best TV show I've ever seen was a Danish TV series called Matador.

6. Three things you can't live without? Chocolate, my friends, and the general awesomeness and strangeness and beauty and horror of the world and the universe and all the opportunities everything gives me to just contemplate things.

7. Three things you can't live with? Cigarette smoke, and people who feel righteous when they oppress or even kill others. Killings of others, and especially selective killings of girls and women.

8. A fun fact about yourself? I have a Superman comic book from 1970 where there is a letter from me where I'm asking the editor when Superman and Lois are getting married.

9. Your last vacation? The last time I went abroad for a vacation was last February, when I and my best friend spent four crazy days in London. Meanwhile there was a blizzard raging in Malmö. Thinking about that blizzard and enjoying soft rain in London was part of the fun!

10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Me? Am I like an LnC character? I don't think I am, but since I am this incredibly long-time fan of Lois and Superman, and since I don't feel like Superman, I guess I have to say Lois. At least, like Lois, I love chocolate and I want to figure everything out!

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
1. Name? Aria T though that's not really my name either...
2. A nickname people call you on the boards? alcyone
3. Where do you live? Northern Cali, but I'll always be an east coast biatch at heart
4. When did you start watching L&C? Mmm when I was in HS...that was a bit ago. I just got back into it after reading fic.
5. Other shows you watch? House, Scrubs, Family Guy
6. Three things you can't live without? Internet, the S.O., books
7. Three things you can't live with? Grading, Paper-writing and intolerance
8. A fun fact about yourself? I lived in Japan for a while
9. Your last vacation? PR last August...*sigh*...
10. Which L&C character are you most like, and why? Probably first season Lois (which is why I like her so much). I'm not that sensitive to others and I don't mind breaking rules. At the same time, I'm fiercely loyal to those who stick by me or who've saved my bum!

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard