Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whoah I'm gonna beat you Clark Kent Wannabe! :p ive already seen 11 episodes today and the day is still young (ok maybe not that young anymore but you can still see a liiittle bit of sun well at least 15 minutes ago you could) whoah byee smile1

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YAY I did it! 14 episodes, finished just 5 minutes before midnight (so it's not tomorrow yet :p ) And you know, I want to watch some more (but I think I'd better get some sleep)
Top that one, make it 15, i need competition wink

PS; sorry for talking a little bit off topic everyone, but hey, after all this is the off topic board smile

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Kerth
Kerth
Let's see:

Actually on TV:

Doctor Who - pretty hard to avoid if you're a Brit, they've shown all of the new episodes about eight times!

Stargate and SG Atlantis - when they show them, it's a channel with a bad habit of screwing around with scheduling.

CSI and CSI:NY, not CSI: Miami so much because Horatio Caine is a judgemental creep way too full of his own infallibility.

Smallville when I remember to catch it.

West Wing - wonderful programme

Veronica Mars - I've been downloading and bought the first season DVD, will get S2 when it's out. Ditto Battlestar Galactica.

Old Stuff

Buffy - have all of it on DVD, seen several times

Angel - Ditto

Dead Like Me - ditto

Wonderfalls - ditto

Highlander - Ditto - wonderfully silly

Highlander, The Raven - watched, not wonderfully impressed.

Forever Knight - got the first two seasons, OK in a "watch while doing other things" sort of way, waiting for the third season.

Space Patrol (the British puppet program, not the US live action series). Loved it when I was a kid, there's now a DVD set with all 39 episodes and it still stands up surprisingly well.

Sopranos - Gradually buying it when I see a good offer on the DVDs.

Alias - for some reason the first 4 seasons all showed up cheap in charity shops, so I bought them. Sooner or later I really must get round to watching them... I did see a few of the early episodes, but I missed a lot and could never follow what was going on.

Star Trek - watch if it's on and I remember, don't collect the series.

I seem to see a lot more DVDs and downloads than broadcast TV; mostly it's because I'm usually writing in the evening and never remember to catch programs, it's just easier to get the DVDs.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Dead Like Me - ditto
I've heard a lot of raving about this show, but I don't have a clue what the premise is. I've been meaning to watch it, but... under old stuff. Has it be axed? frown

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Kerth
Kerth
I've heard a lot of raving about this show, but I don't have a clue what the premise is. I've been meaning to watch it, but... under old stuff. Has it be axed?
There were two seasons of Dead Like Me, it was axed after the second.

Premise is basically that everyone who dies has to be "reaped" by a grim reaper, who touches them and pulls their soul from their body a few seconds earlier so that it isn't too traumatic. Snag is that the reapers are themselves dead people; most people don't hang around this way, but a few people draw the short straw and have to become reapers. Enter the heroine, aged 18 (I think), killed in a fairly unlikely accident and not exactly happy about it.

One of the problems is that even though they're undead they still need to eat, sleep, etc., which means finding a job, somewhere to live, etc. and have to drop everything a couple of times a day to find someone and reap them.

Because she was killed violently the heroine has to reap other accident and murder victims, which means she spends her time finding people about to be run over by cars, walk onto open manhole covers, meet serial killers, and otherwise die horribly. She's also trying to keep an eye on her still-living family who are having their own problems, which take up say a third of most episodes.

It's funny, occasionally violent and foul-mouthed, and doesn't pull many punches apart from occasional cuts so that you don't see anything too graphic - I don't want to post detailed spoilers, but it's well worth watching.

Marcus L. Rowland
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Selinde, I topped it. 17 and if you top that, I'll eat toenail clippings covered in slime....

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I'll be a Helicopter pilot in a couple more months so....if you can wait that long, (gives you time for the person giving you the ransom of ice cream bars to occumulate that much money and chocolate wink ), I'll be able to fly you any where!!!

BUT (theres always a *but* isn't there?) On one condition....I gotta have a Strawberry Cheesecake bar!!! PLEASE!?!

<clears throat>

As far as books are concerned...ANYTHING by Dean Koontz!! My favorites of his are: Intensity, Dark Rivers of the Heart, Whispers, The Key To Midnight, The Eye of Darkness, Darkfall (in the process of reading it, and Lightning (in the process of reading it too).
Harry Potter series also...L-O-V-E it!

TV??? ohhh boy...that just opened another can of worms.

Gilmore Girls of course! Family Guy...ok ok, I'm a huge cartoon fanatic so anything on Cartoon Network count me in! And anything on the Food Network, I love their cake challenges!

Later Days!
Andie

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can have a whole strawberry cheesecake or 12 bars if you give me the bellypopper ride. I'm almost out of frobscottle so I won't be wizzpopping much longer.....

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Stargate and SG Atlantis - when they show them, it's a channel with a bad habit of screwing around with scheduling.
You're talking about C4 here, I presume. If so, no quarrel there. <cough>NYPDBlue<cough> Say no more. /me starts muttering under her breath as she usually does when this subject comes up. Those gits.

But SKY ONE is very consistent with its Stargate scheduling.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by LabRat:
You're talking about C4 here, I presume.
That's right - I have Freeview but not satellite or cable, so I don't get Sky 1.

Marcus L. Rowland
Top Banana
Top Banana
TV: The West Wing and Doctor Who. Also a random, ever-changing selection of news, current affairs, life-style, science, music, natural history, history, and arts programs.

Books: reading the Da Vince Code

Music: almost anything with a good tune and/or cool harmonies. This rules out rap but includes just about everything else from Buxtehude to the Beach Boys and beyond.

Stuff: strawberries, chocolate, the Grand Canyon, Skye, the Natural History Museum facade, Niagara Falls and cream teas.

Yvonne

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kent huh Yvonne? Whereabouts? I live near Dartford myself....

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
If we can count a day as 24 hours, or not going to sleep, I watched 21! laugh I got the Third season and went nuts. I had been working on getting my sister to watch the show with me, and after she saw seasons one and two, she was as hyper as I was for the third one. It came out, we went to the store, got it, and started watching. We were really tired by the time we finished Tempus Anyone?, but kinda hyper, so we were going to watch one more. Then it was the Clois arc, so we had to see the rest of that. Then we got so hyped up from yelling at the screen- evil Dr. Deter, and laughing that we watched another. My sister went to bed after that, but I watched another one. There was only one left- but I was really tired, so I went to bed and watched it the next morning. I watched the whole season within thirty hours.

As for other stuff...
Books: Mercedes Lackey!,and Elizabeth Kerner, and Wen Spencer, and Linnea Sinclair, and The Silver wolf by Alice Borchardt, Tamora Pierce, Christopher Stasheff, and sci-fi, and fantasy, and too many others to count.

Online: L&C, Star Trek Voyager fanfic, basicly fictionpress, esp. False Facades, and PotC fanfic.

Shows/movies: psych, monk, Voyager esp. season six, PotC, Pretender, and the Ugly Dauchsund.

Other: Chocolate and procrastination, esp. when I should be cleaning my room...Which is why I'm so talkitive right now. blush laugh

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
As far as books are concerned...ANYTHING by Dean Koontz!! My favorites of his are: Intensity, Dark Rivers of the Heart, Whispers, The Key To Midnight, The Eye of Darkness, Darkfall (in the process of reading it, and Lightning (in the process of reading it too).
Andie, if you haven't read Watchers... you MUST! It's my all time favorite book! I think it's the only novel I've read more than three times. blush Brilliant book! hyper

Sara (who whould be getting to homework instead of procrastinating...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh, yes, LOVED "Watchers". It's actually one of the few books my husband has read - and he loved it too!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hmm. I don't have cable where I live so many of my shows tend to be non cable ones. Sad since lately I think some of the best shows have come from the premium channels (like Six Feet Under which I think is one of my favorite shows too bad it's done). I watch reruns of Frasier compulsively and have taken to watching Medium. The concept has promise but the execution is rather slow, I don't know why.

About books, the list is endless. Reading is my passion. My favorite writers are Herman Hess, Izumi Kyoka, Junichiro Tanizaki, Banana Yoshimoto, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Horacio Quiroga, Edgar Allan Poe, William Faulkner and the list goes on. My favorite books are Veronica Decides to Die, Kitchen and Narcissus and Goldmund.

Music, I like my rock and I dearly love my 80s New Wave. I hate contemporary rock/pop with a passion save for a few conceited bands like the Killers (who have two songs I go gaga over) and the Bravery (who I went gaga over after I heard "Fearless" on "Night Watch"). I adore Depeche Mode, the Cure, Duran Duran, Suede, Mansun (not MansOn), Vhs or Beta, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and the list goes on. I'm also a big fan of trip-hop: Morcheeba, Esthero, Massive Attack, Portishead, etc. I even have a few quality rap faves where cool beats are complimented by smart lyrics-- groups like Jurassic five, Dilated Peoples, Mos Def, Talib Qweli, etc. The only genre that is not for me is country. Other than that I even like Japanese enka music (which is kind of the equivalent of country there, but I'd argue seems more like Latin American ballad). Oh and Latin Rock (rock en espanol) I am obsessed with it.

Movies, I'm a total 80s child. I love Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Heathers, the Star Wars trilogy, etc. As for contemporary movies two that I list in my faves category are Quills and Zoolander.

As always when I look at my tastes, I feel like I'm revealing so much of myself in them. It's so strange (or I'm so predictable). smile

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
TV - Currently on: Gilmore Girls, House, Law and Order, Masterpiece Theatre/Mystery on PBS (where I can see things like Foyle's War - *love* that show.) Old stuff: I loved West Wing when it was on and I still watch a lot of Friends and Will & Grace reruns during those two hours after work but before prime time begins at 8pm. I don't have cable so I am not familiar with a lot of shows that are popular right now. However when I am somewhere that has cable (hotel, etc) I can watch the Home and Garden channel for hours on end. Also I like documentaries like Ken Burns Civil War.

Books - I am a constant reader, the kind of person who can't eat a meal by myself unless I have a magazine or book. For light reading, I like light fluffy chick lit and also mysteries like J.D. Robb, but the books I *love* are by writers like Agatha Christie, P.G. Wodehouse and P.D. James. (Just realized that all three of those writers are British, two are dead and the third is in her 80s. Hmm.) It is difficult for me to find other books that satisfy me like these do. Although I did recently read Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos and it came close.

Movies - My all time favorites are The Quiet Man with John Wayne, His Girl Friday with Cary Grant and the 1995 BBC Pride and Prejudice. Others that I can watch repeatedly are The Princess Bride, Gosford Park, Oceans 11, Bridget Jones, Sense and Sensibility, Pirates of the Caribbean. And I did like Superman Returns very much!

Music - Probably about 80% country. Also Jimmy Buffet, classic rock, Norah Jones. I am not very familiar with most of the currently popular stuff; I only listen in the car and that is usually whatever is on my mp3 player or an audio book. I love singing praise songs in church but that hasn't translated to my weekday music selections as yet.

Great question, CKW. It's fun to learn more about others in our little realm.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
My favorite show at the moment is Boston Legal! Why don't more people watch this show? It's brilliant and funny and intelligent and relevant and I could go on all night but you'd get tired of me wink Seriously, it's the best show I've seen in a long long time and it baffles me that it isn't more popular.

As for shows that are off the air, Gargoyles tops my list. I adored that show in middle/high school and then it disappeared for 12 years. But now we have most of the episodes on DVD and the story is being continued in comic book form, picking up right where the show left off. So Gargoyles is having a bit of a rennaissance <g>. Other shows include Fraggle Rock or just about anything with Muppets in it, and I just watched the DVDs of Firefly and enjoyed that, too.

As for books, I don't have time to read much these days. I read a lot of fanfic because it's free and it doesn't require any prior planning (ie, going to the library or bookstore). When I do find time to read "real" books, I favor soft sci-fi, fantasy and some chick lit. I used to read a lot of Star Wars <g>. I love Sharon Shinn's Archangel series, which is half sci-fi half fantasy. And I liked many of Jennifer Crusie's books, because a lot of them take place in my hometown (which is rare in Columbus, Ohio) and I loved actually recognizing the places the characters went wink .

Music... I have eclectic taste. I like a little of this and a little of that. I think most of it would be classified as soft rock or classic rock, I guess? Billy Joel and Elton John... The Eagles... Fleetwood Mac... the Beatles... Bonnie Raitt... Dixie Chicks... Journey... But I also love a song here and a song there from random artists, so I have a lot of singles <g>.

Kaylle

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Suddenly, I'm a TV watcher! I went years without watching TV...years. I read books and wrote fan fiction, but I didn't watch TV. Now, I'm watching House M.D., Bones, Monk, and The Office - all with the Hubby - and Grey's Anatomy by myself. He thinks Grey's is too much of a soap opera, but it's sucked me in completely.

Not so much reading books these days, because who's got time between writing fic and watching all those TV shows? Some authors I love and read and re-read, however, are Jane Austen, Laurie R. King, and Dorothy Sayers. I like Southern Lit and enjoy authors who really understand the South. Among these, Ferrol Sams and Rick Bragg are two favorites. And of course, I have to mention J.K. Rowling, even though her books are pretty much an aberration on my shelves since I don't generally read fantasy. But I've devoted a ridiculous amount of time and energy to her books and her characters - and she hasn't sued me for it yet - so I pretty much love her. And like Marcy, I'm a homeschooler who reads to/with her children, so I'm catching lots of childrens' lit I managed to miss the first time around. (I'm learning third grade math for the first time, too.)

I don't have taste in music.

There, I admitted it.

I don't mean that my taste is bad. It's really more that I just don't have a strong opinion, so I allow myself to be outvoted by the rest of my family. When my kids are in the car, we listen to stuff they like or to stuff we need to work on for school - I make my own CDs of their memory work, or we listen to their history lesson on CD or whatever. When my husband is in the car, he tries to find things he knows I won't hate, and I'm fine with that. He even makes me CD's he thinks I'll like, and I DO like them, but I don't know the name of a single person who's singing. It's weird, I know, but music is a Very Big Deal to him and it isn't to me, so this is one area I've just decided not to care much about.

Fun topic!

Caroline

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard