Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
#205771 01/16/06 09:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad it worked, Yvonne.

Lab, you've sort of wished this before. Last time, I moved you to the southern hemisphere to negate the wish. This time... Hmm... telling you that it is summer on the other side of the world seems cheap. Hmm...

Granted! It's now summer! Thanks to you, the entire course of the seasons has been upset. The polar ice caps melt a little extra in the unaccustomed warmth, leading to large-scale flooding. Birds crash into your house from all directions, unsure of just where they're supposed to be migrating. Hurricanes, created by the sudden temperature change, ravage the land that's left. But at least it's summer, and you're warm. So warm, in fact, that you can barely go outside without passing out from the heat. And your A/C bill is so high that, really, you're no better off than if you'd just left it as winter and turned the heat up inside.

I wish that Yvonne had a lobby, so we could have avoided this whole mess.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#205772 01/16/06 10:03 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And your A/C bill is so high that, really, you're no better off than if you'd just left it as winter and turned the heat up inside.
Taking a leaf out of Yvonne's book and throwing a wrench in the works laugh , on this side of the pond most of us don't have no A/C units. When we want cool air we open the window. goofy

So no A/C, no huge bill. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#205773 01/16/06 10:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, fine. I was being nice. I didn't flood your house. I didn't have it flattened by a hurricane. I thought pelting it with birds and giving you a high AC bill would be enough, but... fine.

So now you're without power because of the hurricanes, the birds are constantly attacking the house (and the ones that don't hit it still leave plenty of messes, some of which get blown around by the wind), and it's unbearably hot inside and out.

Happy now?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#205774 01/16/06 10:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

LabRat smile (who would point out that this is Scotland and we don't do 'unbearably hot' at any time of year (we're lucky if we make it to somewhat mild), but will refrain laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#205775 01/18/06 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, she has a hobby and this thread never got started. However she never writes fanic again.

I wish Firefly hadn't got cancelled......

#205776 01/18/06 05:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted. Firefly gets picked up on a guarenteed 10 year contract!

But then Joss gets attacked by a rabid X-men fan over rumors that he was going to stop writing Astonishing X-men.

So, the series continues, but without Joss writing. You're stuck with 10 seasons of sub-par writing that drags the show horribly into the gutter and trashes everything you loved about it. But hey, it's still on!

I wish for lots and lots of FDK!

#205777 01/18/06 06:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted. Except all the feedback is of the sort that says "This fic SUCKS!" and "Get a BR!" and then you find out that several people have lampooned you on Godawful Fanfic... and then you realise that you're stuck in an alternate universe where you've lost all your wonderful writing skills and have become an average ff.net writer.

I wish I could escape Paul's revenge for this one. goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#205778 01/18/06 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, you escape Paul's revenge, but everyone else gets mad at you on his behalf, and a riot mob chases you complete with axes, swords, chainsaws, guns and crossbows....

I wish Lois And Clark would have one last feature length episode to tie up all the loose ends and not create new ones, with high quality writing, acting, directing and special effects, which is released on DVD, and it plays on my DVD player without any problems.

Or, because I'm nice and don't think anyone can currupt that one, I wish I had healthy teeth....

#205779 01/18/06 07:49 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I'm feeling extra magical today, so I'll grant both.

Granted! A well written, well scripted, excellent feature length finale is made for Lois and Clark. Unfortunately, since neither Teri Hatcher nor Dean Cain wanted to reprise the roles of Lois or Clark, in the beautifully written, amazingly spectacular finale, the characters of Lois and Clark are played by Barbie and Ken.

And, granted! Your teeth a healthy! In fact, your teeth are so healthy they've gotten gym memberships and started doing weights. You were discovered by a back-water-circus ring leader as he was doing crunches, and he tricked you into a contract. Now, you're dragged from one bum town to the next and put on display as the Amazing Tooth-man and forced to do three shows with your teeth in the leading role of 'Cops & Robbers; Tooth & Justice.'

I wish it snowed here for a day.

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205780 01/19/06 03:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted! It snows. And snows. And snows. And snows. All day. Over two feet of it by the end of the day, with drifts of up to four.

Sydney commuters, completely unused to snow, get stuck in drifts, try to drive too fast through it, skid on it or abandon their cars, leading to thousands of accidents and traffic chaos. The entire city shuts down and panic results. No-one can get anywhere. Anyone who can manage to get to a shop panic-buys and the shelves are soon clear of milk, bread, Diet Coke and Tim-Tams. Temperatures are down to several degrees below freezing, and everyone is shivering since hardly anyone has central heating. The only way to warm up is to find that garden spade and try to dig out the path and driveway with it - and that's when you realise that specially-designed snow-shovels exist for a reason. goofy

[Linked Image]

Oh, and even though it only snows for a day, temperatures stay low enough that it takes at least two weeks for that huge amount of snow to disappear. wink

I wish that Dave would write the sequel to All The King\'s Horses

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#205781 01/19/06 09:03 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I have a feeling most people wouldn't corrupt a wish for fanfic, so...

Granted! It's a shame you didn't specify when. Oh well. I hope you can wait until 2053! <g>

I wish my room was clean. :p

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205782 01/19/06 09:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted! While you're out, your niece storms into your room with a giant pot of honey. She plays and plays and soon the whole room is covered in the stuff. She finally gets tired and heads out to go clean up, leaving a sticky trail behind her.

A bunch of ants (of different types, including carpenter) pick up the trail and go back to tell all their friends. Soon, your whole room is swarmed with hungry insects. They eat and eat and eat until there's nothing left but the bare walls. Then, having exhausted the available supply, they leave.

You return home to find your room absolutely positively completely clean. Of everything. Including furniture.

I wish I could do a better job of raising my parents. It can be so hard to get them to act like mature and rational adults...

#205783 01/19/06 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted. Your parents become ultra-mature and boring beyond belief, able to put people into comas with just one sentence.....

I wish for my next wish to be uncorruptable.....

#205784 01/19/06 05:16 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Granted, but remember this nothing in this world is uncorruptable and that includes wishes so in hindsight your wish has been 'corrupted'

I wish that whatever I cooked actually looked good to eat

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#205785 01/19/06 06:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted! Your food looks beautiful. Mouthwateringly gorgeous. So amazingly good it should be on the cover of a gormet magazine.

Of course, it also tastes like the cover of a gormet magazine, but at least it looks good enough to eat.

I wish my dog would stop randomly barking for no good reason in the middle of the night.

#205786 01/19/06 07:12 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Granted! Your dog now barks in an orderded fashion. Now your dog barks the National Anthem and the Alphabet Song all night long.

I wish I had a really cool looking motorbike.

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205787 01/19/06 07:32 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Granted I now present to you a brand new Harley, but you did't mention that you wanted one that you can actually ride so you've been given a really cool looking model.

I wish that I had a giant sundae to eat

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#205788 01/20/06 05:57 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Granted. Sorry if it looks too green; it was baked four years ago, and some fungi have grown on it.

(I know my wording is just asking for it, but I want to see your replies.)
I wish that cute boy from my career track classes would take a better look at me.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#205789 01/20/06 06:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He asks you out on a date, and you begin a relationship with him, only to discover, after your wedding, he is sleeping with someone else. He kills you because you leave him over it.......

I wish for world peace.....

#205790 01/20/06 08:32 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Granted! All life on Earth, except for yourself, is wiped out. It's lonely, but hey, it's peaceful!

I wish I could go backwards and forwards in time. <g>

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard