Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vicki Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Last night I saw the Dean Cain movie I Do, But I Don't (which, incidentally, I did not like nearly as much as the movie immediately preceding in on Lifetime TV, about a meddling mother who places an ad on a Single's webpage in her daughter's name. But I digress...)

Spoiler space for anyone who hasn't seen I Do, But I Don't and doesn't want to read about it..
Did anyone else who saw this movie cringe at the scene where Dean's ex-girlfriend tells his firefighter brother that she needs to talk to him, and the brother offers her a ride on the firetruck? All I could think was, What if a fire alarm came in and they needed that truck?

Then, to top it off, he races through the city streets with the siren blaring! Aaarg! I didn't find that amusing in the least.

- Vicki (who kept thinking about the infamous fire hydrant scene in Superman while she watched this. laugh )

edited after reading Sara's reply, to put spoiler space in my post, too!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Totally agree, Vicki!

And my other problem with this movie... the thing that made me go drool , but c'mon!) Huge character flaw (in the writing) IMO. Knowing that he's *not* the fiance, would make the romance so much sweeter, but unfortunately, we're not given that dramatic irony. Even still, the character flaw remain.

Sara (who also felt the end scene was quite cheesey and a real let down smoochie and waffy-wise razz )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Vicki. If it ever comes over here I'll make sure to keep Stuart away from it. laugh He thought Backdraft was the biggest comedy he'd ever seen and spent the entire movie rolling around laughing or rolling his eyes or muttering under his breath. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard