Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oops, I'm late to the gushing.. wink

Nice premise..more soon!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. thumbsup

But Lex hadn't behaved like that. He still told her that he loved her at least once a day. He continually brought her little gifts - trinkets, he called them. Like the gold and ruby bracelet she was wearing now. Or the diamond and sapphire pendant which was back in the safe in their Metropolis penthouse.

Tokens of her husband's esteem. Or symbols of his possession?

But that wasn't fair. Lex loved her. She knew that - he told her so, and he showed her in so many ways, including his lovemaking. He had turned out to be a considerate, courteous lover. Okay, so what if their sex life didn’t set the sky on fire? It was good. It was pleasant. It was... nice.

And she was still restless and unhappy.
I'm not a Luthor fan. frown

eek Can this Luthor be different?

His expression was eager. "Really? I've wanted to move to Metropolis for years. I should have gone last year, but my dad got sick and I went home to help out on the farm for a while. He's better now." Clark's expression showed how pleased he was about that. "Then a few months ago I was all set to move up - but something happened which changed my plans."

"What was that?" She'd almost had this gorgeous, really nice man in the same city as her?

Not that it would have made any difference at all, she reminded herself. A few months ago she was engaged to Lex. She would never have been in a situation where she and Clark would have met.

Although he did say he was a freelance reporter...

"I've always wanted to work at the Daily Planet," he explained. "But - I guess you know, if you're from Metropolis - back in the beginning of May the building was destroyed in an explosion. There was some problem with the paper's finances anyway, I read, and there just wasn't enough money to rebuild and get the paper started again."
eek Poor Clark he came to late to Lois life.

He looked taken aback, however - or was it an act? "No, I don't - should I? Though I guess if you own someplace like this..." He waved around, at the beach, the house, the masses of space. "It's only that you have a laptop. And the way you glared at the screen just now... well, it reminded me of myself when I get blocked. It's frustrating."

"You write?" Was he a tabloid reporter?

He shrugged. "If you can call it that. I'm a freelance journalist. And would-be novelist, I guess, if I could ever manage to finish more than a couple of chapters of any of my great ideas. They all seem so wonderful inside my head, but..."
confused Lois is living in a private property and only by boat or helicopter. Where in the island dose he lives?

Clark was shifting awkwardly, she realised; the movement drew her attention back to him. "I'm sorry," he said abruptly. "I'm intruding. I'll leave you alone."

"Clark..." she began to protest, but he was already standing up.

"Good luck with your novel. And it was really nice meeting you."

He turned and began striding away. And a few moments later, while Lois was still struggling between wanting to call him back and thinking that maybe it was just as well that he was leaving, he disappeared from view.

He was gone. And she knew that she would never see him again.
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well wendy, outdone yourself again, I see. It must be the influence of all that wonderful Canadian fresh air!

Yes indeed. I coudl see the house, a lovely white house on the beach of the huge lake that looks like an ocean, and the woods nearby, and the cliff.

Of course, all you slow folcs (grin) Clark FLEW in. Lake Superior is about as close to anywhere as the arctic is. okay, well, maybe further away. Anyway, Lex has many homes, like the queen of course!

I thought it was really nice and calm. There she is, warm at the cottage looking at the view, nice life, nice husband. It was really nice to see Lex as a nice man. Okay, we all know the truth, but it's so nice that he's nice to her. She is rather stuck with him at this point after all, so at least he's not the horrible man we all suspect he will become if she tries to investigate him or go against his will.

It also makes sense that he'd like to have her stay up at the cottage alone with the housekeeper, the cook, the gardener, the butler, the upstairs maid...but nobody else.

I like how Clark has just dropped in to look at the view. He's relaxed. He's not a bum at all of course, he's just gone to one nice spot and didn't notice how close he was to a house. A house that is probbly usually closed up for the winter and such.

sigh. I like this. So now I'll go search aroudn and see if part two is there and maybe the rest...if i wait long enough to start reading a story, I am rewarded by finding tons of parts!!!

Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow!! I'm amazed and overwhelmed by the number of responses to this! Thank you all, so very much indeed. goofy - not only have I never watched Smallville and never intend to, I'm a great fan of John Shea. thumbsup I adore the way he played Lex Luthor. He's extremely attractive, and his Lex played on that - we have the personable manner, the lavish amounts of charm and the way he has of seeming to give his whole attention to the person he's with. If all we ever saw was the public persona of Shea's Lex Luthor, and we didn't know from Superman mythology that Lex is a villain, we'd be taken in. In fact, without knowing his evil nature I'd see him as a deserving rival for Clark! wink

Anyway, I'm going to try to post part 2 tomorrow; part 3 some time during the coming week (I have a houseful of visitors for the next 10 days, which will reduce my internet time somewhat! wink ).

Thank you all again, so much indeed!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Merriwether
Merriwether
Bubble bath, fanfic, not a sound...PERFECT.

Poor poor Lois - she didn't know Clark! Oh I am really going to enjoy this story. So Lex is a 'good' guy? If he is, I'm going to feel sorry for him when she leaves. She will leave right? Well I'll hop on for the ride to find out!

I was a little paranoid that there would be cameras on the island and Lex would have seen the intruder Clark. I saw him getting mad at Lois...but no Lex isn't evil here, right?

Me and my paranoid brain!

OH! PART TWO IS HERE!!! hyper

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Wendy, I'm late getting here too but wanted to say I'm enjoying it already.

Lex without the influence of Superman is going to be different even though he still got control of Lois by destroying the Planet. Since he's got what he wants, he's still being nice. Can't wait to see what you do with this character.

Guess Clark didn't get hit (or Lois) with a thunderbolt on meeting. Even in the series, I've always wondered if Clark was supposed to have been knocked off his feet when he met Lois at the Planet or when he saw her at the Luther Ball.

I'm sure he'll find a way to run into her again smile

Off to read Part 2 smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Trenna! Almost missed you here! Thank you for taking the time to post, and I'm so glad that you're enjoying this. laugh As for whether Clark was hit with a metaphorical thunderbolt on meeting Lois or not, you'll have to read on to find out! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard