Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#159377 05/24/08 05:02 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was just randomly wondering something after I watched Green, Green Glow of Home recently...

LOIS
Called? You want a name? Nobody
can even find it. Even the sample
Irig sent to the lab disappeared.
I'm not sure it existed anywhere
but Trask's mind.
When Lois writes her article about Kryptonite at the end of GGGOH, does she know the rock's color?

After all, she hasn't seen it and doesn't even believe it existed except in Trask's mind.

People who've seen it (Trask & his minions, Kents and Irig) are either dead, disappeared, or not talking.

So she doesn't know that it's green in color, right? What do you think?

Thanks,
wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#159378 05/24/08 05:13 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
We don't know that Trask didn't mention the color in Lois's hearing.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#159379 05/24/08 05:47 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Even if she knew, she might not have included it in her story. After all, who wants to tell criminals just exactly what the one thing that can kill superman looks like?

#159380 05/26/08 09:10 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Might be the reason why some goons tried the red variety on Superman. Had they known that kryptonite is supposed to be green, they might have ignored the red rocks altogether.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#159381 05/27/08 12:25 AM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
I think it's possible she didn't know but I would imagine that either Trask or Wayne Irig mentioned the color of the rock to her.

Might be the reason why some goons tried the red variety on Superman. Had they known that kryptonite is supposed to be green, they might have ignored the red rocks altogether.
The red kryptonite showed up for the first time in Individual Responsibility and Billy Church did mention that it was supposed to be green but Gene Newtrich explained that its chemical properties revealed that it was, in fact, kryptonite. They weren't sure what it would do so they tested it on Supes.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard