Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Kryptonite color - 05/24/08 09:02 AM
I was just randomly wondering something after I watched Green, Green Glow of Home recently...

LOIS
Called? You want a name? Nobody
can even find it. Even the sample
Irig sent to the lab disappeared.
I'm not sure it existed anywhere
but Trask's mind.
When Lois writes her article about Kryptonite at the end of GGGOH, does she know the rock's color?

After all, she hasn't seen it and doesn't even believe it existed except in Trask's mind.

People who've seen it (Trask & his minions, Kents and Irig) are either dead, disappeared, or not talking.

So she doesn't know that it's green in color, right? What do you think?

Thanks,
wave
Posted By: Dandello Re: Kryptonite color - 05/24/08 09:13 AM
We don't know that Trask didn't mention the color in Lois's hearing.
Posted By: ShayneT Re: Kryptonite color - 05/24/08 09:47 AM
Even if she knew, she might not have included it in her story. After all, who wants to tell criminals just exactly what the one thing that can kill superman looks like?
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Kryptonite color - 05/27/08 01:10 AM
Might be the reason why some goons tried the red variety on Superman. Had they known that kryptonite is supposed to be green, they might have ignored the red rocks altogether.
Posted By: C_A Re: Kryptonite color - 05/27/08 04:25 AM
I think it's possible she didn't know but I would imagine that either Trask or Wayne Irig mentioned the color of the rock to her.

Might be the reason why some goons tried the red variety on Superman. Had they known that kryptonite is supposed to be green, they might have ignored the red rocks altogether.
The red kryptonite showed up for the first time in Individual Responsibility and Billy Church did mention that it was supposed to be green but Gene Newtrich explained that its chemical properties revealed that it was, in fact, kryptonite. They weren't sure what it would do so they tested it on Supes.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards