Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Help!! I've been writing the story, A New Hero, and I need a name for a hero!

Here is the description of Zared's outfit... I've left Zared's feelings about the outfit here, because I thought it might help with any ideas.

The top was short sleeved and bright red with the same shield his dad used. He didn't know if he would like short sleeves, but he would try it. The top attached to the pants in such a way as to make the suit look like two pieces. The pants were jet black and tight - very tight. They weren't really tights, but they were pretty close. They came down over the outside of black boots. Gramma told him she wasn't certain if that would work, but they would try it. It included a black belt. She had also made a cape which he wasn't sure he'd like, but gramma smiled sweetly saying that it would look wonderful flying in the wind. He agreed to wear it. The fabric was unknown to him and though was heavier than silk it seemed to move like that delicate material. Depending on the way it caught the light, you could see shades of purple, blue, red, and even a little green. It wasn't a sparkly thing, though. He wouldn't have been happy with that. The colors seemed to more 'flow'. He liked it a lot. Gramma had outdone herself. He still didn't know about a name, but he'd come up with one later.

I've considered Dancing Fire or Painted Fire. I've also considered Flamebird which is a name from the DC universe. Nightwing suggested Clark change his name to Flamebird so that they could potentially become partners.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if you give me a name I like, I'll recognize as the name giver...

Thanks, Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I looked up 'hero' in a thesaurus and got 'superman', so that wasn't much help.

I'm not keen on 'Fire' names, or anything remotely similar, really. They all sound a bit fey and fantastical to me.

These aren't much better, but they're the best I can do:

Starman
RedandBlackMan (only kidding laugh )
Superguy
Superson
Heroman laugh

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Nancy!

The one name I could come up with that I sort of liked was: Solar Flux

But here's some more words that maybe you could put together:

Blaze
Buttress
Emblazened
Flare
Flash
Flux
Flying
Galvanized
Shock
Solar
Steel
Wave

Maybe some of those will help?

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Starman (another DC character), I like, but the Starman that wears yellow and doesn't have Kryptonian genes might get a little mad and come visit my story....
Then there was also that movie....

Flash and Steel are already DC characters and I think Blaze might be, too. Steel is actually one of the 'Supermen' that came to be when the real one died (before he came back to life). I don't know about Shock and Wave but ShockWave is a character somewhere.

Of course there's no reason why I couldn't use one of the names again.

I don't particularly like fire names, either, but somehow it seemed to match the outfit.

Flux? Oh, DJ you are so funny. Maybe it's because I'm a nurse, but all I could think of is diarrhea....

You both got me thinking. More suggestions, please... Then you can help me name the next one...

Solar gave me an idea of SolarFlare, but it seems like someone has used that one.

How about SolMan (I'm joking - really).

Kerth
Kerth
He could call himself "Ultra-Man", then confuse everyone by saying he isn't Ultra-Woman's son!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ha ha ha! Oh Marcus! You kill me! That's hilarious! laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by YConnell:
Well, I looked up 'hero' in a thesaurus and got 'superman', so that wasn't much help.
Seriously? Hehe! smile

These are my suggestions. Worth the price you pay for, I'm warning you...

I like fire-y names, myself... FireWind, FireCloud.

You could have Dancing Flame instead of Dancing Fire, too...

My fav name would have been "Wildfire" but there's a DC character named that already. :rolleyes: Maybe "Wild Flame" instead... althought I'm not sure that works so well.

Too bad Firebird and Phoenix aren't anywhere near original!

If you pick a fire name, make sure you keep him away from bread, or you'll end up with burnt toast... and... oh, wait, wrong thread for that. *lol*

Gotta go back to work. smile

Hey hang on.. if you like Solar-something, how about "Eclipse"? ...I'll bet there's one named that already, right???

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, I quite like Ultraman. laugh Or Allman...AllMyMan...hmm, now I'm entering fantasyland. wink

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AllMyMan...
hehehe! smile ...just be careful cause if he has kids, it's likely going to turn into "All My Children"...

(laughing alone in my little corner.. I think I'm funny sometimes. hehe!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

How about rainbow brite. rotflol
Sorry! blush

1. Fire-flame
2. Blaze
3. Lightning
4. FĂ©nix o Phoenix

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was kind of leaning towards Flame but....

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!

He could call himself "Ultra-Man", then confuse everyone by saying he isn't Ultra-Woman's son!
Marcus, I haven't decided for sure, but I think you have just won the prize. I hadn't thought about using UltraMan at all, but telling everyone that he isn't UltraWoman's son is just so funny, that I don't know how I could not use it!! (I guess that means you've been reading my story since you know Lois isn't his biological mother.)

Hey, Yvonne, maybe I can use AllMyMan for Jon. He's going to be in a version of the New Kryptonian suit. rotflol

As soon as I have a good description of the other outfit for Jon, I'll let you all help name him!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
After I thought about this, I thought maybe having Zared say such a thing would upset Clark - Lois was, after all, Zared's mother for all intents and purposes.

I'm still using your idea, Marcus. I've got more Kryptonian-Humans in the wings, I'm just not going to give that name to Zared.

So, I need more suggestions for a name for Zared. I considering Flame. I'd also kind of like to lean towards a Native American type name (in honor of my Cherokee ancestors).

And now Jon needs a name:

Here's a description of the suit:

It's basically the New Kryptonian suit, but it has some changes. There will be no blue cuffs at the wrist. The sleeves will be all black. The belt will be black but not big and bulky like what's with the New Kryptonian suit. Bright blue briefs will be added as well as a bright blue cape. I haven't decided if the boots will be black or bright blue. I've also decided to add a splash of red to the interior background of the 'S'. The red will only be on the interior - not the exterior background.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lara, I like your suggestion of FireWind and I'm going to use that for Zared's name. I will credit you in the next part!! clap

Also, Marcus, I'm going to use the name UltraMan eventually with the blurb about UltraWoman not being his mother. I will credit you when I use it.

I'm still not sure about the other hero's name.

His suit will be as pretty much as previous mentioned - basically the New Kryptonian suit. The sleeves will be all black with no cuffs at the wrist. The belt will be red. Bright blue briefs will be added as well as a bright blue cape. The boots will be black. There will still be a splash of red to the interior background of the 'S'. I'd like to thank TOC for her help in deciding on this suit.

I'm thinking of calling him Steel or Steel Lightning. What do you think? If I decide to use either of those, I'll credit the appropriate folks!

I actually have rendition of both suits, but I can't figure out how to get them into an acceptable format to post here via an URL. If you would like to see them, email me and I'll send it to you.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How about uhm...Lemme see what favours google will do me...I dunno if these are any help...
"The boy's name Rai is pronounced RYE-ee. It is of Japanese origin, and its meaning is "trust; lightning, thunder." Also a Spanish short form of Raimundo."
"Barak is pronounced ba-RAHK, BARE-ek. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "flash of lightning." Biblical: a valiant fighting man who cooperated with the prophetess Deborah to win victory in a battle against overwhelming odds. See also Barric."

Hrm...uh....Sterling? Starling?...no...thats a bird...uhm...Flint? Steele?
Hey what about elvish? Dare ya to use an elvish name for someone....then the public'll assume its kryptonian maybe...hehe...oh dear I might be getting a little silly from lack of sleep.

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard