Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm trying to remember if we've seen Superman stick around after a rescue to sign autographs.

The only cases that stick in my mind are the backstory reference in "Chip Off The Old Clark", where Superman hung out with the passengers of a plane that he saved (thus allowing Leanne to have a photo of the two of them smiling together) and in "UltraWoman" where Lois signs a few autographs on the street and the little girl gives her a picture she drew for her. Clark doesn't seem surprised that Lois is willing to do this, and I think he might even comment on how nice it is to get to do it sometimes, so that makes me think he has done it before.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether it would be strange for him to either stick around for a little while, or on the flip side, specifically leave in order to avoid it, if people start rushing up to him with paper and pens in hand.

Kathy

Columnist
Columnist
I think it would depend on what else he's got going. I don't think either would be out of character for him, but if he's got Lois waiting on a date with him, he'd probably want to get back to her, especially if Daniel might show up. wink On the other hand, if it's just a lazy Sunday afternoon and he's watching the Metropolis Tigers lose to the Buffalo Bills, he probably wouldn't mind sticking around to put a few of his John Hancocks down for some cute little kids.

~Anna

Merriwether
Merriwether
I keep picturing Superman in the middle of signing autographs when he hears Lois' "Help, Superman!"

Poor kid howls after the rapidly departing superhero, "But you still have my Superman doll!"

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i'm with anna here. it depends on the situation. his mood, what else is going on, the nature of the crowd...

if he's mobbed, he might bolt, but if it's just a few people, he might well stick around. same with relaxed/happy vs tense/upset and a bunch of other factors. so, imo, case could be made either way, depending on the exact circumstances.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard