AK, you are indeed a powerful writer. You showed Clark's insecurities by having him put the worst conceivable spin on Lois' actions and words, while she's surely trying to figure out why the man she loves is still acting like an abused puppy. I think this is the best mix of WHAM and WAFF I've ever read anywhere.

And Lex' plan? Evil brilliance personified. It might be the cruelest thing anyone has ever done to Clark - to kill him while he's still alive. Depending on when his powers return, he might or might not have to actually fight Lex.

Of course, Lex might stare into his defeated enemy's face and connect the dots - Superman is Clark Kent! And he'll get it wrong by assuming that Superman is the real person and Clark the disguise. On top of that, I'm not sure he has any more Kryptonite. That dagger represents a pretty good chunk of mass, and there's no guarantee that this wasn't Luthor taking a huge chance with his entire stash.

But I know you have a better grasp on this than I do. And I'm eager to read the next chapter. Is it posted yet?

No?

Drat. More waiting.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing