Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Does anyone else think that he might have been exposed to Red K at the car wreck, but Lois and Clark didn't notice because they're already so into each other? That was a big chance kissing her until they hit the rafters, and it doesn't sound like something that a right-minded Clark would allow himself to do even with Lois.

What do you think? I don't know if it's a subtle thing or if it was intentionally left vague.
When I read that scene, I had the same thought about red K. His behavior seemed off - he was much less guarded in public than he had been before. After the scene concluded, I figured that I was wrong and he hadn't actually been exposed to red K.

I was imagining that whoever was testing him had gotten ahold of red K and tested it out on him the same way he was exposed to green K.

The two of them certainly got less circumspect in their behavior as the story went on.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)