mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for your comments. smile1
Yes! Call her on her uber-vague notes!
lol How did I know you'd go there?

Yeah, this doesn't seem to have ever occurred to her.
I was going for that problem Clark had in S3's "Contact" where Clark calls Lois on taking more risks, because she knows that he'll always be there to back her up.

You’re my psycho boyfriend,” she corrected, sticking her finger in his face.
/laughing/ He is pretty odd.
I'm glad you enjoyed this line. laugh

He did take that note seriously until she brushed him off when he went to check on her.
Clark happily rocks back and forth on his red boots knowing that someone out there understands him.

James? Methinks he's not talking about the explosion today.
Good catch. He's talking about his old dimension.

Yeah, that sequence of events wouldn't make sense to Lois. But maybe his being careless here will lead to her calling him out on it and force him to tell her that he's from a parallel universe. </sarcasm&gt
Perhaps. But she's lost in another psychic flashback.

Ummm..... she's really losing it.
This scene takes quotes from the canon park sense, the canon scene where Lois professes her love to Superman, and the scene in this story where Lois first professes her love for Superman. Sorry, if it confused you. It was supposed to be confusing for Clark.

What I’m trying, and clearly failing to say, is that when you meet your soulmate, you want your happily ever after to start as soon as possible. Can’t you believe that?”

He let go of her head and took her hands in his again, and smiled. “You always have to prove me wrong, don’t you?”
... I'm ... confused. Ok, I know Lois is being looney here, but Clark's response doesn't make any sense, either. Am I missing something?
The line she quotes here is from way, way, *way* back ( Part 21 ) where Lois professed her love for this Superman. Clark with his eidetic memory recalls what she's referring to. Perhaps I need to add a tell from Clark that he's baffled for a moment and then a sense of recollection crosses his face. Would that make his realization more clear?

Sigh. There's no way she's going to understand that if he never tells her how he can actually be Clark and still have stolen the other Clark's identity.
In a way, she's asking who his true self is here... and he tells her "both". And, yes, that's something on their list of items needing to be discussed list.

So... they're planning to just run away? I'm surprised that Lois is going along with that. Sure, she loves Clark, but it always seemed that she loved her investigation more. (Despite her rationales.)
This investigation has burned her out in that everything has gone wrong. She's not allowed to choose love? wink

I'm assuming that it's Perry and Jimbo at the door looking for their help with Jimmy's arrest, and Lois and Clark will realize that they still have responsibilities to their friends and can't just disappear.
Could be. cool Thanks for reading.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.