He rubbed his forehead. “You’re insane. Do you really think some vague unspecific note with what, I’ve got to admit, appeared to be a drowned spider on it, meant that I wouldn’t let you out of my sight?”
Yes! Call her on her uber-vague notes!

I couldn’t fall off the grid as Clark for any undetermined amount of time to constantly watch you merely because you’re paranoid about your psycho boyfriend.”
Yeah, this doesn't seem to have ever occurred to her.

You’re my psycho boyfriend,” she corrected, sticking her finger in his face.
rotflol He is pretty odd.

“Octo… octopus!” she sputtered, half amazed that he hadn’t taken her note as seriously as she had hoped.
He did take that note seriously until she brushed him off when he went to check on her.

“Hear me out,” he requested. “When I lost my job at the Daily Planet, saying good-bye to Perry, and then James and everyone, I realized I could lose all that and still go on, painful as it was. I realized there was really only one thing I didn’t want to live without, and that was you, Lois, seeing you every day, working with you, just being with you…”
James? Methinks he's not talking about the explosion today.

“Then when I thought I had lost you all over again to Luthor,
Yeah, that sequence of events wouldn't make sense to Lois. But maybe his being careless here will lead to her calling him out on it and force him to tell her that he's from a parallel universe. </sarcasm>

She saw that he still held her hands. “I have a lot of changes going on in my life,” she said. “— and I just want to make the right decision, and I can’t do that until I know how you feel.”
Ummm..... she's really losing it.

What I’m trying, and clearly failing to say, is that when you meet your soulmate, you want your happily ever after to start as soon as possible. Can’t you believe that?”

He let go of her head and took her hands in his again, and smiled. “You always have to prove me wrong, don’t you?”
... I'm ... confused. Ok, I know Lois is being looney here, but Clark's response doesn't make any sense, either. Am I missing something?

“Are you asking?” she inquired, glancing down at his Suit and then back to his eyes. “Or is Clark Kent?”
Sigh. There's no way she's going to understand that if he never tells her how he can actually be Clark and still have stolen the other Clark's identity.

So... they're planning to just run away? I'm surprised that Lois is going along with that. Sure, she loves Clark, but it always seemed that she loved her investigation more. (Despite her rationales.)

I'm assuming that it's Perry and Jimbo at the door looking for their help with Jimmy's arrest, and Lois and Clark will realize that they still have responsibilities to their friends and can't just disappear.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)