Awwww, this was incredibly sweet. I liked it! This scene has always been a favorite of mine, and I enjoyed watching it play out again in the first half, and the way you gave us Lois's thoughts and motivations. And, of course, I enjoyed the new additions in the latter half! smile

His tongue flickers against mine, slips into my mouth like a thief set out to steal my heart.
This was my favorite line. His tongue slipping into her mouth "like a thief" would be a nice simile, just as it is. But a thief "set out to steal my heart" is thumbsup

I must admit that when I reached this section, I was just a little uneasy (not sure if that's the right word.) I loved that she finally admitted to herself and to him that she loves him, and the scene where she was kissing his neck was so sensual, and yet, even though this was *exactly* what I (presumably, all of us!) had been waiting for, it just seemed like the natural progression of things would lead to bed, and part of me was thinking, "No. It's too early. Not yet." I am so glad they both stepped back just a tad, glad Clark voiced his doubts, glad Lois acknowledged the pain she had caused him that day in the park. The ending was beautiful. notworthy

Not meaning to highjack the thread, but on an side note, I find Virginia's comment about the foreign language versions of the show following the script rather interesting. I always thought they dubbed directly from the spoken words of the show itself, but I guess it makes sense that they might look at a written script. Perhaps that explains all the times I've read the Spanish subtitles on movies and thought, "That's not what he said!" Maybe it was what was in the script. Huh.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster