This is such a sweet story! I can totally see Lois moving in "temporarily" but never moving out. I love Clark's proposal. love They've been so close for so long, but they just never mentioned romance, and he's so incredibly nervous to bring it up! It's adorable. I can't imagine how (delightfully) tortured he must have been to sleep with Lois for so long without "sleeping" with her. I'd be curious to see his point of view on the relationship.

I liked the way you handled the point of view switch. It was very obvious which parts flashbacks and which were Lois reminiscing. The only point where it detracted for me was the very beginning because it wasn't completely clear who was talking until the first flashback started. I initially assumed that it was Lois, but then I realized that it didn't actually say that it was Lois, so I thought it might be one of those stories where it pulls a switch on you at the end and it's not about who you think it is. For example, I've read stories where Lois was interacting with her husband, only to reveal at the end that he's Dan, not Clark. I don't think that my confusion is really a problem with the story but more me not wanting to be caught off-guard by a bait and switch. I've fallen for enough of them that it's made me wary.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)