John: Sorry about not getting to this last night. My eyelids would not participate after I posted my story. Thank you so much for your comments.
I have a fear this will be encoraging to the caller.
LEX: A-ha! A challenge!

I guess this is not a flashback.
No, not entirely. grumble It counts, and speak for yourself. That's *my* Lois.

He is not listening closely enough, although the "we were on our honeymoon" part does throw it off. I am actually surprised Lois did not say "you" in the above dialogue.
Lois isn't used to speaking of SM as CK.

If Lois did not know The Secret already she would probably figure it our from this reaction.
SM has always (mostly) said that he wants Lois and Clark to be together, so he wouldn't be happy for them. Now, finally, Lois will leave him alone to move on with his life as a lonely martyring hero. No?

Well, I guess she will have to reveal she knows the Secret.
Yes, it would be difficult to get away with that without revealing that she knows. Not impossible, but difficult.
CLARK: Impossible.
HERB: I *do* hate that word.
CLARK: Oh, shut up!

Will Clark know realize she has memories of the Superman-free earth?
As Herb didn't know that Another Lois could really hear Clark's voice (he thought it was part of her insanity), and never told Clark that Lois had ended up in an insane asylum, it's doubtful. She's already shared "visions" of Clark not being there, when Jimmy didn't survive the Messenger Hangar explosion and the deaths of the people on the Prometheus. He knows she has memories of her life with the other CK/SM, and maybe possible life without either of them, but he's not sure and he really doesn't want to a) think about this is detail, or b) probe her to think more of this in detail.

Once the octopus showed up in her flashback I sort of expected it to lead to Superman showing up. Still, I never thought the octopus code would come up this way before that.
Never did I. This was a freebee from my muse.

He was so close, and is interrupted again. I am beginning to wonder if he will ever tell her.
Although I have a draft of the scene where Clark learns that she knows (actually, it was one of the first things I wrote for this story), I cannot recall if those words are used. It will become official that she knows at some point in the story.

I now dislike Lex even more.
clap How did I guess that this might be your reaction?

Oh, I was hoping she would not respond to Luthor's demands.
And let him (try to) break down her door?

He assumes she is available at the last moment. Or is he trying to catch her with Clark?
Possibly both.

Why does he think he can show up if someone was not coherent enough to talk with him on the phone.
LEX: I thought she had been drugged. I was worried about her safety. If anyone is going to drug Lois, it will be me!
SM: Excuse me?
LOIS: What he said.
LEX: Er... drugs as in medicine.
LOIS: I'm not sick, you are.

Not only did she hang up on him, she did not recognize his voice at all.
There are times when I answer the phone and cannot recognize my own sisters' voices, especially when they say something generic.

Fortunantly she seems to have not done that.
What Lois said to Lex is what she said in the Part, but the Readers know more than Lois.

Instead of just recognizing she was in no mood to talk to him.
LEX: That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't she want to talk to me?

she could have said she had a brunch with a source.
That wasn't the point. She shouldn't *have* to lie. Saying she wants to be alone should be enough.
LEX: I don't understand. Why would she want to do boring stuff like be by herself instead of being with me?

Now he will think he can always get his way if he badgers her enough.
Doesn't canon Lex act the same way?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.