Did Lex know that Clark was Superman?
Fortunantly no.

Was that why he had Kryptonite?
Not at all. Fortunantly he did not even directly control the kryptonite that injured Clark.

On the other hand, if Lex had done what Lois suspected he had done, he’d probably want Kryptonite for protection from Metropolis’ hero taking him down.
True. Although Lex has it more out of proactive than defensive evil.

Did Lex know what Kryptonite could do to Superman?
Not exactly. At least he has never seen it in action.

Had he gone after Clark specifically with Kryptonite,
Fortunantly no.

or had he exposed Clark by accident?
This is right, although Lex figured only a little in the exposure. It was mainly an accident.

Her article about what had happened in Smallville with Trask. Why, oh why, had Clark let her include that part in her article?
This is the hardest question to answer to date.

Lois closed her eyes in a wince. Clark had been trying to tell her the truth way back in October, but she hadn’t listened.
smile1 she sees the truth.

She had laughed at the suggestion.
This hurt him more than Lois realizes. Seeing Lana again had just torn him up, and learning about Rachel's death. And being exposed. So I guess he was not feeling supper, and when Lois laughed it was just too much.

Well, why shouldn’t she?
I guess she does have a point. I still feel for Clark though.

How was Lois supposed to know that Kryptonite removed Superman’s protective shell, the ability to heal himself, and his other powers? All she had been told was the rock could kill Superman, not make him defenseless.
Good point.

The truth of the matter was that if Clark had seriously wanted to convince her he was Superman, he had done a lousy job at it.
I guess I have to agree with her.

She refused to feel guilty for not believing Clark. It wasn’t her fault; it was his.
She is mostly right. Still, he was feeling down about everything.

Did the Kryptonite need to be a “rock” to hurt Superman or could it be ground up into a powder and still harm him the same way?
I was wondering if she would remember the watch at this point.

So, exposure to Kryptonite would temporarily turn Superman into Clark,
Better not explain it tht way to Clark.

Thankfully, the results were only temporary; otherwise how else would Clark… Superman now be able to fly?
Yes, this world would be in very bad shape if they were permanent. Well, actually not directly from the astroid, since Clark had been exposed beofre.

The big question was which man would she think of when considering whom she loved?
Chuck.

sadly, she once again pushed her fantasies of making love to Super Clark
That is a good way to think of him.

That must be why the Kents offered to let Clark use the birth certificate of their dead son.
At one level. There are deeper levels though.

If Lois called them, would they tell her the truth?
Maybe if she explained everything that had happened.

A wave of sorrow enveloped her. She loved him for heaven’s sake, both sides of him, and he couldn’t even be himself around her.
He can now though.

Lois couldn’t believe that Cat had known all this time, and that it was to her that Clark had gone with all his secret identity problems and to be himself, instead of Lois.
frown This is why I always dislike Cat in this story. She seems to have a role that properly belongs to Lois.

Was Cat somehow blackmailing Clark in exchange for keeping his secret?
Not really, although maybe a little.

Frankly, Lois couldn’t think of a single thing Cat would ask for to remain silent, besides sex.
On the other hand, I would say Lois has a too simplistic view of Cat, but this is really Cat's fault.

If Clark wouldn’t give it readily to Lois, the person whom he claimed he loved, she doubted he would give Cat that pleasure either.
smile1 she no longer thinks Clark cheated on her.

Not only had she kissed a supposed other man,
Only in her mind, not his.

but her reason for doing so was horribly flawed,
shock Lois admitted she was wrong.

It was possible that Clark and Cat had sex when Cat returned to his apartment that morning – Lois’s stomach turned somersaults at this analysis – but it wasn’t probable.
Well, at least she is mostly convinced Clark did not cheat on her.

Lois should have known that Clark wouldn’t cheat on her, even without his missing memories.
Yes, but his actions were irregular.

Clark had rushed off because he remembered that he was Superman, not to be with Cat.
This is true. Although he was still rushing to Cat.

and so, ‘no’ Lois refused to feel guilty for stealing that first story from him.
I am surprised she di not analyze the way he used Superman to postpone her filing the story.

Perry! Lois growled. He must have known.
I doubt it. He seemed genuinely surprised.

Did Lucy,
no way

Jimmy,
I don't think so.

Jimbo,
Absolutely not.

Henderson,
Yes, but he beat out Lois by two days.

Eduardo,
Doubtful.

Wally, Ralph,
Now she is just being silly.

and Lex know too?
Amazingly enough, no. He has no suspicion at all.

She bet her father knew as well,
I doubt it.

which was why he was so ticked off about Clark not saving her from being shot.
No I think that is just his over-protective father bit.

Was Lois the last person in Metropolis who hadn’t figured out that Clark was Superman?
No, but we hope not many more figure out.

She really was galatically stupid, wasn’t she?
Nah, she figured it out way faster than canon-Lois.

And the worst reporter on staff at the Daily Planet.
Now she is just being unreasonable. I guess she is feeling a little down. Which is why Clark was probably right to not tell her when he did not have time to talk it through with her. Well, I still think he had enough time before flying off to stop nightfall, and it would have made things a lot easier, but I do see why he tried for a good time.

Only, Lois refused to let herself to be bullied into giving up. She would prove to them, to everyone, that she was the best investigative reporter this city had ever seen.
Hmm, I don't think anyone doubts that.

She would somehow get Lex Luthor to confess to putting the hit on Clark, and all his other dark dealings, and get him behind bars. This would be her Pulitzer Prize story!
I am really scared that this will put her in a lot of danger.

Well, I am glad we get one more installment before the slight break. I am hoping Lois and Clark will talk in that one.

John Pack Lambert