frown That Lois and Clark did not meet up in this section. I was so hoping that would happen, but I guess I should have figured we would have to wait longer.

I guess it does make sense to work through Lois' thoughts on the matter.

actually, he had! He had saved that city worker under the street when the gas line exploded.
But she did not realize that was Superman until later.

As she stirred in her non-dairy creamer, she remembered the ‘missing chain link’ at the Messenger warehouse. Of course! Clark had pulled the chains apart.
smile1 Lois is realizing the truth.

She was such an idiot.
Well his explanation was more believable at the time.

There was no doubt in her mind why Superman had never kissed her.
But he just did a few hours ago. OK, he thought she already knew, but she does not know that. If she did she would be less worried about it.

She certainly hadn’t earned it. No wonder he had sent her off to look for Superman’s space ship at the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility.
I am surprised she still thinks he did this.

The question, which kept rearing up in her head though, was ‘why’? Why did Clark keep trying? Why? Why hadn’t he just given up on her?
Because he loves you Lois and knows how empty it is to live without you. It will probably be a long time before she realizes that, with his memories not fully back yet. I guess she does not realize his memories are still not fully back.

“Apparently, I’ve had a huge crush on you since you first called me ‘Chuck’,” Clark had told her just the night before.
He remembers the most important things.

He just used his super hearing, that was what.
He probably can read lips too. That way he can outwit actual sound-proffing.

Clark knew he would have to lie to Trask to keep his Clark Kent cover intact,
Actually linking to the machines had some risk of exposing that he was an alien outright.

Why hadn’t she seen the simplest reason that Clark could contact Superman was that he was Superman?
Good question, she did not have any counter evidence that early. Except maybe his reaction to seeing her blood.

Moreover, Clark loved her.
hyper He does not remember the curse.

“So, there could be someone else out there still trying to kill you?”
Even without the associate there is still the guy who highered them.

“Someone who had attempted to kill one of Superman’s friends,” Henderson returned.
More like someone who had failed to follow The Boss's orders.

John Pack Lambert