So, Lex's little Superman-trap worked after all - or did it? I suspect that Clark won't be completely disabled by the green K, and that the red K will either dilute the green or have some other goofy effect on him. Maybe when he comes up for air again, having dropped the watch from his foot, he'll scramble ashore and decide to go hunting Jones and his pal at the club they mentioned. When he staggers in half-drowned and angry (because of the red K) and lights into the two guys, they're going to pull out the heat they're packing and shoot up the joint.

One thing I've learned about city criminals is that they're almost always lousy shots. So no one will be surprised when Clark doesn't fall to the floor bleeding out. I only wonder if this club is a known criminal hangout or a legit club, which will make a difference as to whether someone calls the cops or everybody just runs.

You do realize that this story is getting long, don't you? Not that I'm complaining, you understand. I'm not. It's just that I expect some resolution of something sometime soon!

But you haven't failed us yet, Virginia. I eagerly await the next installment of this cliffhanger serial, brought to you by Post Toasties, Schlitz Beer, and Bibbo, owner of the Ace of Clubs! Until the next episode, at the same Bat-time, the same Bat-channel!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing