I’ve been building up a briefcase with anything a reporter might need to have at a moment’s notice,” she said.
Aww, Lois.

“If I get too intense, just let me know; it’s one of my flaws.
Let me guess. Her mother?

I’m hoping to follow around real journalists, but I’ll probably be nothing more than a gofer: fetching coffee, making copies, sorting mail, taking messages, and that sort of thing.”
If she’s lucky, she might end up cracking open an underage prostitution ring?

He brushed passed her error that she had flaws.
clap

She had never met anyone her age who wanted to be a journalist?
Uh-oh.

so he concluded she hadn’t graduated high school yet. How old was Firecracker?
Uh-oh.

When he got out of his chair to pick it up, he scooted his chair an inch further away before sitting back down.
Clark!

Pete had a girlfriend back home who was sixteen; perfectly legal as long as they didn’t do anything.
See? /points to paternal consent loophole/

He sighed in relief. Well, marriage was certainly off the table.
Actually…

Had he really wanted to get married at eighteen anyway?
helps keeping the editors and other assorted creeps at bay. Or, actually…no, it won’t clap

While Spaceship Earth wasn’t exactly what he had hoped, a planetarium type show, it was still an interesting time-travel look at Earth’s history.
You, too?

“Space. I’d love to be the first journalist to travel into space.”
Oooooh! Like on the Messenger shuttle?

“Woman reporter tops man in space?” Clark teased, showing her the future headline.
/cocks eyebrow/

“What?” she gasped, giving him a sharp look.

“Beats! Beats man into space,” he hastily corrected.
Oh. Okay.

“I’m perfectly serious. I’m going into space someday, and it’s going to be the story of the century.
No, the drive system will be, actually.

They were standing at the edge of the lake. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder in perfect timing. “If you throw me in there, I’m bringing you with me.”
clap

Firecracker laughed. “Trust me, big boy, you don’t want to see me wet.”
Why?

“Don’t challenge me, or you’ll know what it’s like to get soaked twice in one day,” she replied.

That warning he decided not to discount.
laugh

Although, in all fairness to Splash Mountain, that had been where Clark had met Firecracker. So, in a sense, it had been the tunnel of love, too.
clap

“There’s no one besides you,” Clark whispered, meaning every word.

“Eeep!” she squealed, her eyes widening probably because he was close enough to kiss her at that very second.
Too strong?

“Then you better wait until you find a romantic moment and then kiss me until my toes curl.”
Or not. Although, there’s stories about Lois getting cramps in her feet after too much ‘kissing’.

placing his lips on her forehead, because after all this talk of kissing he needed to reward his mouth.
laugh

“It was? Oh, and I just ruined it again,” she groaned. “What made it romantic?”
[Linked Image]

“And I stopped you. Sorry. Kiss me now.”
/shakes head sadly/

“What if I kissed you?” she asked.
That would work.

“I need to experience life to the fullest, how else will I ever be able to write about it?”
[Linked Image]

Clark tugged her into a gift shop, found the silliest pair of Minnie ears and stuck them on her head.
laugh

She laughed, and ducked around the other side of the display, pulling out a pair of equally silly Goofy ears, attached to a Mad Hatter’s hat and plopped it down on his head.
laugh

“Because Goofy would never make Minnie’s toes curl,”
Don’t tell Mickey [Linked Image]

There was a hideous selection of ties, most of which had silhouettes of Mickey Mouse on them.
Hideous? What’s going on with Clark?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.