I'm back again to comment about this:

How did Clark know Mayson had been in exactly that position?

As he walked down the stairs, she tried to recall exact details of coming here to collect Clark's clothes. As soon as they'd walked in, his eyes had been fixed to the spot.

How could he have known?
I love this. Even though this particular snip is not about Lois solving Mayson's murder, but rather her figuring out CK=S, it still brought back memories of reading Det. Chan or Hercule Poirot mysteries. I actually went back to double-check, and there it was:
She unlocked his door, hustled him inside, and shut it firmly.

Her hand slid down Clark's arm and rested on his elbow. "You OK?" she said.

"Yeah," he said. "Thanks." He turned from Lois, his eyes drawn to the place where Mayson had lost her life. There was nothing to testify to the horror of what had happened here - no lingering bloodstain, no dent in the dark timber.

Lois nestled closer against his side. "It wasn't your fault," she said in a low voice.
Yup. And with Lois's comment, you let us know that she knows that he knows that that was the spot Mayson died, even though she doesn't immediately realize the significance of that fact. Well done! thumbsup

I cannot wait to see what happens when Clark returns. Despite her matter-of-fact acceptance in front of Clark's parents, it would not be out-of-character for her to pick a fight with him about this when he gets back. And yet...
He needed to tell her the truth. "Lois, I'm -"

"I'm sorry I left in such a rush a week ago," she said.

He hadn't been expecting her to re-start their conversation with that particular topic.
I wasn't expecting this change in topic, either. Especially since I know something Clark doesn't. It makes me wonder. Surely it's significant. She has just figured out the CK=S, and the first thing she does is to apologize for leaving so abruptly? Hmmm.

Lois was gazing at her hands, where her fingers had coiled around each other as they sat in her lap. "I got a call, and ... It was Mom." [...] "It was as if I were being shown a glimpse of the future. My future. And I really didn't like what I saw." [...] "But ... it was so hard to see her so ... so angry and ..."
OK, so the change in topic was to discuss her trip to visit her mom. Am I reading this right? Lois doesn't want to be an angry, bitter woman like her mom? Is Lois trying to let him know that he doesn't need to worry about her reaction to the secret? Is she trying to tell him she's not going to get angry and fight with him about this? Well, I'll know the answer to this question in good time. Hopefully, not *that* much time. Soon? Please?

wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster