Yay! Another new part!

She was missing something - a vital key that was needed to fit all the disparate pieces together.
Don't worry, Lois. It's coming.

Even if - despite her actions - his love remained, starting a relationship was probably the last thing he wanted right now.
Erm...not quite, Lois.

She'd never had an abundance of patience, but she owed him time.
This makes me clap

"The obvious being ..."

"That you weren't here. That I was working alone. Without my partner."
Awww!

His eyes fell. "I'm not sure you're going to appreciate mine," he said, despair and weariness cloaking his words.
frown

Perhaps it was going to be all right.
Yes,it will.

But if he asked, and she answered, and then he told, and she freaked ...
Ah yes, the overthinker.

Perhaps he could just slip it in and hope it looked natural.
clap

"I needed to ..." He braved a glance directly into her eyes and was caught there in the outpouring of her concern. His heart exploded as the truth hit him. It was more than concern. It was love.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

Please, he thought as he rose from the sofa, please don't let it be the police. Not again.
clap

Clark grimaced. "You knew about that?"
clap

Clark dragged himself away from her. He looked through the door as he approached it and saw his parents.
I was wondering about them!

His mom jumped in. "She pretended to move herself into your apartment, hoping that Lana's possessiveness would lure her out of hiding. And it worked perfectly."
Ha! Good ol' Martha!

Clark shot an anguished look at Lois. She shrugged slightly.
Not too different from every other day of the week for them, if you think about it.

"Mrs McCreadie?" A couple of pieces fell into place in Clark's mind. "She was watching my door, and she called 911?"

"That's what I was hoping would happen. But instead, she came to your door, and it turns out she is a very good shot." Lois pointed to a place on his floor. "Sorry about the damage. She said she was aiming between Lana's feet."
<laughs gleefully>

Lois took a few steps away from the little group. "Why don't you fly them home, Clark?" she said over her shoulder. "I'm going to order some Chinese takeout. I'm starving."
<claps in a giddy manner>

LOVE how casual this is!

Utterly devoid of ideas about what he should do now, Clark obediently spun into the Suit, wordlessly picked up his parents, and flew them to Smallville, Kansas.
Hahahaha!

Um, more please? Now? <begs>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon