Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have to say that I was going to complain about them just talking on the phone, but then thye slept in the same bed.
Less than canon in that they didn't have the conversation about Lois's dad?

So they went from less than canon to more. In canon Lois and Clark never slept in the same bed before they got married. Once Clark fell on Lois in bed before they got married, but that does not count. And there was her sleeping in his arms on the couch, but that is not a bed, and arguably the incident in The Phoenix was more intimate than what happened here, but it was not all night in the same bed, just a few moments with Lois on top on a coach (OK, that probably makes it sound like more than it was).
Yes, well, this Clark came to this dimension already in love with Lois. She was his main reason for coming here, plus he has more experience with women (not that you can always tell that from his lack of self-esteem). She's different too, because already experienced this life before with her "right" Clark, so their relationship will move more quickly in some regards and more slowly in others (because they are both messed up by their previous lives, mostly).

This is definantly more than they were doing at the point of the investiagtion of the boxers. The big question is, in canon how long had they known each other by this point. The answer probably is "the first season is too unclear to say". In fact, I am not sure there is a way to make L&C work time wise.
The timeline is supposed to mirror canon dimension. The Pilot was supposed to take place in May and I've stretched the other to spread over these first 3 months. "Green Green Glow of Home" - it is still warm in Kansas and they're celebrating a harvest festival (Corn), so despite airing at the end of October, I move it forward to the beginning. "Man of Steel Bars" is set in Nov. "Witness" is Christmas (I've been told it's supposed to be after MoSB, so that's where it shows up in my stories). "Vatman" takes place over Perry's birthday, which is on St. Patrick's day. So everything between PML and The Rival takes place between the new year, and mid-March. And I've always assumed that Luthor would want the perfect June wedding ("House of Luthor"). Does that clarify timeline a bit?

I guess they have had more ups and downs. Lois never tries to seduce Clark in canon until PML, so her doing it at the auction is a major change.
She's repressed more of her memories of life with Clark, so technically they are further along than she can remember.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.