I have to say that I was going to complain about them just talking on the phone, but then thye slept in the same bed. So they went from less than canon to more. In canon Lois and Clark never slept in the same bed before they got married. Once Clark fell on Lois in bed before they got married, but that does not count. And there was her sleeping in his arms on the couch, but that is not a bed, and arguably the incident in The Phoenix was more intimate than what happened here, but it was not all night in the same bed, just a few moments with Lois on top on a coach (OK, that probably makes it sound like more than it was). This is definantly more than they were doing at the point of the investiagtion of the boxers. The big question is, in canon how long had they known each other by this point. The answer probably is "the first season is too unclear to say". In fact, I am not sure there is a way to make L&C work time wise.

I guess they have had more ups and downs. Lois never tries to seduce Clark in canon until PML, so her doing it at the auction is a major change.

John Pack Lambert