I love your theme. I'm also surprised that Lois doesn't notice that everytime Superman 'leaves' Metropolis, Clark hightails it for the Smallville Post(i.e. Man of Steel Bars). I hope she puts one & one together soon.
“You don’t run away,” Lois continued “...or well, not always... or not when it really matters, anyway.”
Um... Lois, yeah, he does.

I'm surprised she hasn't been talking to her friends at S.T.A.R. Labs, but then again, she doesn't want anyone to know Superman's blind.

“Watch how you speak to your mother, son,” Jonathan said immediately in a tone of voice that sounded suspiciously like Superman’s.
Like father, like son. laugh

I love how after a month, that stupid 'pen' that didn't work, is still sitting by Clark's old desk. Come on, Rhalia wink does a better job than that.

Clark may be obstinate, but Lois can be quite pigheaded in her own regard. WHY does she always accept Clark's flimsy excuses at face value when she KNOWS he's lying to her? Such as:

“Okay, what’s really going on here, Clark?” Lois said. “No, no. I don’t buy it. This doesn’t make any sense.”
Yes, Lois, go with that feeling. Yet, she never does. Sigh. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.