Love the premise to this and how you just dived right into the story, using judicious flashbacks to tell us what happened in between. I also liked Martha's POV at the beginning. I'm really not a huge fan of using his parents to bludgeon him with the mistakes they think he's making, so I love how you showed that she disagreed with him but still loved him and trusted him to do at least what he thought was right.

I feel bad for Lois now. It's always such a double-edged sword that she never applies her reporter skills to Clark. I was with Martha all the way through the opening scene, begging her to notice that he was blind, that he was trying not to fall.

Never liked Mayson and you definitely illustrated a couple of the reasons why here. Love how Lois inwardly complained about being the comforter (and that she recognized that she had used/needed Clark's skills for that in their partnership) even as she did do what she could. She's always been kinder than she gives herself credit for.

Your last paragraph gives me hope that maybe her 'leaking' knowledge will help us find a cure for Clark's blindness. And in doing so, maybe cure hers too. smile

Daily updates sounds great to me!