And suddenly, despite his teasing of her initial reaction to his being nominated instead of her, Lois felt herself relax. “Clark, this is how you should behave. No formality, just... you. And you can tell me I’m stunning if you like.”

He looked at her. Really looked at her. Then looked at the back of the seat in front. “You know you look stunning, Lois. You don’t need me to tell you that.”

She felt her cheeks start to burn slightly. Why did she care that how Clark thought she looked? Why, when she had been getting dressed, had it seemed so important to her to look good for him? She’d known that he wouldn’t care what she wore, that he would still have taken her if she had decided to wear her gym clothes. He still would have called her stunning. She felt her heart rate pick up.
Oh, I really like how you get Lois's thoughts and how much she cares what Clark thinks of her and how she thinks she ought not to care but she really does care so she beats herself up about it. And then she realizes, Hey, he's just Clark, and it's just so sweet.

You have that down just exactly right.