Thanks for the feedback. I am just learning the protocols and didn't intentionally violate any. I have sent a note of apology to Erin for posting without her permission.
I'm sorry you don't seem to have gotten my email last week, before you posted, Ken, where I made the same points as bobbart and did suggest that you email the author (at that time I didn't know which story you were talking about or which author when you mentioned that you'd just reworked a fanfic) before posting, just to be clear that they had no objection to your reworking their story.

Or perhaps you did get it and just missed my comment - given that you were primarily concerned with log-in problems during our conversation and your comment about the story was just an aside, it would probably have been easy enough to overlook it.

So, just for everyone's future reference - usually, we would definitely recommend that this is done before you post such a story - some authors will mind and some won't and it does save stepping unintentionally on toes. It's not a hard and fast rule, just considered good etiquette, as I said before. If for no more reason than in the past we have had the occasional author who would go a tad ballistic at the very notion. laugh Some authors have, in the past, been flattered by the idea and others have been offended at the idea their story would 'need to be fixed'. You never can tell which response you'll get. It just helps to avoid trouble and hurt feelings if it's headed off at the pass in advance.

Having said that, I think you're probably safe with Erin. goofy She's not likely to send you scorpions in the post or anything. wink

I've added the blue arrow to your story post. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers