After their marathon call of her contacts, Lois flipped on the television, giving Clark time to do some surreptitious speed-reading. He concluded that Lois was going through Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which was common for war veterans. And he knew she needed to talk about it in order to move on, but she was as tight-lipped as an oyster. So instead, he’d decided that for now, he would just take care of her as best he could, earn her trust, and see where things went from there.
Oh boy. Plus, I do wonder how Lois will react once she figures out she's being handled.

“I want to see the Boss--- whoever he is--- behind bars, for one! I want to be sure my family is safe... and... I want... I want...” She suddenly hurled herself at him, kissing him fiercely. “I want you,” she whispered in his ear, sending shivers of pleasure up his spine.[/quoteeek Huh, I thought they were going to take things slowly.
[quote]He regretfully pulled away from her, trying not to let the hurt in her eyes change his mind.

“I’m sorry, Lois. I—we can’t. Not—yet,” he said, his breathing ragged.
Oh, boy. Oh, boy!

She nodded, not looking at him, but started buttoning her blouse and moving away from him. “No, you’re right, Clark. It was a mistake... I---I--- think I’m going out for a bit,” she said suddenly, grabbing *his* jacket as she headed to the door.
Oh, boy. Is she going to run away?

She wanted to pay him back somehow, and well, what other currency was there for a woman without a dime to her name?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.