Evelyn I decided that the best way to overcome the 'touch' issue was for Lois to need Clark. He was always just going to react - not stop to think. I'm glad you liked it!

Laura We have to have a few little problems for Lois and Clark to work on together. But it will work out OK.

Emily

Who knew she'd know by the end of the update!
I wasn't thinking a full-blown hug. Think how they were after Clark had carried Lois to the door in 'The Phoenix'. Contact - but limited.

Kathy

And then just as we're feeling all relaxed and confident it will all work out fine, you hit us with the big whammy. Ouch, ouch, ouch!
Sorry! I didn't actually plan it that way - but when I had finished the part, I did realise that the scene with Menzies and Scardino was a bit of a jolt after the LnC scene!

Marina I enjoyed your 'crazy ranting'. You sort of weave in and out of my plan. laugh

Elizabeth I needed Lois to get hurt in some way, so Clark could rescue her ... again!

Mozartmaid

And in this story he was patently NOT... That is, until he met Lois Lane
Which is one of the most fun things about writing this relationship smile

Vicki I loved your analysis of the section. You described it exactly as I *saw* it.

I'm glad you liked 'muted'. Thanks for your thoughts!

From your later post ...

He does that a lot, doesn't he?
Just a little bit of foreshadowing ... glad you liked it! smile

DW

I didn't anticipate that at all!
It's nice that some things come as a surprise!

Thanks, Jen.

Dandello My only comment is that I've just written Menzies' backstory ... and Iolanthe said it wasn't what she was expecting!

Michael

Indeed. I’m sure the game would come to a screeching halt with only one racket available.
dance

Corrina.