Perhaps the situation with Clark could be restored through their game of squash. At least it was going to be physical. She could keep her mouth firmly shut - and that was a good thing. Unless she accidently whacked him with the racquet, she wasn't going to be able to do much damage.
Indeed. I’m sure the game would come to a screeching halt with only one racket available.

She pounded it at the wall.

He muted it.

She slugged it.

He slowed it.

She thumped it.

He tamed it.
hyper clap

She charged at it, absolutely determined to either belt the cover off the ball or blast a hole in the wall. She drew back her racquet –
Oh boy, is she going or what. I’m just glad Clark’s still in his cavemen attire, otherwise he would probably face a very different attack from Lois.

And excruciating pain seared through her left ankle.

Her leg crumbled.
laugh

"I'm sorry, Clark," Lois said. "I was an idiot over the hair-washing."

He slowly shook his head. "You could never be an idiot."

"You hardly know me yet."

"I know enough to know that."
Actually… that’s just polite-Clark talking there. Canon-Clark would know much better laugh

"I heard it all," Lois whimpered. "I heard his evil triumph, and I heard her fear, and I heard his cruelty, and I heard her pain." A tear squeezed from her eye and rolled down her temple, leaving a damp trail. "And I heard her die. I heard her final breath."

"Lo -" The word was chopped off as Clark swallowed jaggedly. "Lois," he said. "Aww, Lois."
sad I’m not sure it was exactly, but somewhere around these parts I started to wonder when Clark would begin to obsess about whether Lois told him the whole story or not, i.e. whether she got out there with only a second-hand experience or not.
The pressure of Clark's thumb increased a tiny amount. "It's OK," he said. "You don't have to say anything."
I think it was here…

She returned her gaze to Clark. "Do you know why Moyne forced me into your cell? Did he really think you would hurt me?"

"That's what he did the other two times."

"He forced Deller and Bortolotto in here?"

"Yeah, he locked them in here, and then he returned with the poison and a knife. Because of the poison, I couldn't do anything while he attacked them.""
Not a big surprise by now, but still…

"Trask helped Moyne that time."
Whoa, there!

Menzies snorted. "She's still a woman." He turned and strode away without a backward glance.

Daniel slipped into the driver's seat of his car.

Eric Menzies was not just a 'higher-up'. He was one of the 'highest-ups'.

He was a man feared for his inflexible austerity and sharp, scything tongue.

He had recently returned to the job after a yearlong absence that had evoked a legion of rumours, but no one Daniel knew had dared to ask the man himself.

And he was married to Neville Moyne's aunt.
eek wildguy eek wildguy

Can’t wait for the next part! Well, duh! And Kathy's right, reading the FDK threads sure is a necessary way of coping with the lack of new parts once the current part has been processed.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.