Great stuff in here, ML. I figured the investigation would pick up soon, since I assume there is a lot more for Lois and "Charlie" to do before Clark gets back to his own time. And you definitely didn't disappoint -- nice job at building the tension, yet keeping things moving. Of course, every time Clark solves one problem, he creates another, but then, that's time travel for you. wink

Beside the obvious changes to Lois's future, it occurs to me that Clark has really changed his own future with this one -- if Robert Stafford has a drug conviction in 1987, he's certainly not going to be the Governor's Science Advisor in 1997. I wonder how things have changed now for Superman? Alas, I have a feeling he's about to find out how significant the change is with another attack soon. help

Loved the other little hints to the future dropped in here, too ... Cat deciding that she needs to keep her name out of the papers (does this mean she's going to be a professional snitch masquerading as a top gossip columnist? goofy ), Clark avoiding Henderson so he won't be recognized later (I assume he was OK with it at night because of the darkness and threats against Lois take priority?), Henderson letting Lois come along on the bust (better get used to it, buddy!) But my favorite was Lois just assuming that Clark is from way in the future when men all have superpowers, so it doesn't occur to her that he might actually be her peer. It's kind of a roundabout nod to Clark's "secret identity" -- Lois sees what she wants to see because of assumptions she makes early on. Clark doesn't have to lie; he just tells her "certain truths to keep her from finding out other certain truths." wink

So now I just need to know how Lois is going to get her confession and whether Paul is in on it ... can't wait to find out!

Kathy (tempted to stay up until midnight to read the next chapter, but will hopefully stay strong enough to read tomorrow when I'm more awake!)