I knew Clark would save her, but I'm glad it happened so quickly and painlessly. Well, relatively speaking. I think Clark was in some pain trying to resist her advances. wink

I totally understood why Lois wouldn't get the "date rape drug" reference. I don't recall that term being used when I was in college (same time as Lois). There were cautionary tales of girls drinking too much at fraternity parties and being invited upstairs to "sleep it off" with obvious results, and I distinctly remember one party where I'd had way too much and, as much as I would have liked to have laid down to rest in an upstairs hallway, I remember telling myself, "If you lay down now, you won't get back up again, and that would be very dangerous". But the warnings about never letting your drink leave your sight were not on the radar yet. So that part, and Clark's "Oh, crap" reaction (LOL) was very believable to me.

I love that Lois, Clark/Charlie, and Molly are all thinking everything through -- it makes me smile to think of them working together so well, and I'm sure both L&C feel how "right" it is. And I'm so delighted that Lois remembers enough about the "before" to tell Molly about Ryan and what he said. Yay for girlfriends! Not only did Molly help Lois the night before, but now Lois gets to repay the favor by keeping Molly from dating a really bad guy. Obviously Molly is devastated right now, but in the end, this is going to be a really lucky break for her.

Now, a quick question ... is Clark not wearing his glasses on this trip? I haven't gone back to the previous chapters to see if it was mentioned or not, but I kept wondering if Lois was going to recognize him from her old Polaroid photo when he came to the house the next morning. And the fact that she doesn't seem to know him makes me think he's not wearing his glasses. After all, that's what's really in the old photo, isn't it? His eye and cheek, yes, but the glasses are what draws your attention. (And if I'm right, I'm definitely amused by the fact that the glasses become part of the "secret identity" all over again. lol )

Wahh, I don't wanna wait two more days for the next part!

Kathy