So... you’re saying to yourself: Why didn’t Lois immediately think that something had been slipped into her drink? Why didn’t she instantly make the connection each and every one of you did when reading Part 1a?

Well, upon doing a worldwide search of caselaw, the first reference I saw to the phrase ‘date rape drugs’ was in 1999 - about the same time as I saw cases begin to appear which referenced GHB in terms of something used to spike women’s drinks to facilitate rape.

However, it does take some time after something is introduced to make it into the cases that are published. So although I do not remember the year I first heard the term or exactly the danger it represented, I’m going to guess it was the mid-1990s, making Clark aware of this crime while Lois is not. However, if I am wrong... Well, this is an alternate universe laugh . [And thanks, Ann (TOC), for giving me the idea to search the caselaw.]

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane