His ears still partially focused on the television, he couldn’t help hearing New Troy’s Governor’s science advisor, Robert Stafford, begin to speak about the accident. Stafford was well known for his anti-Superman stance.
Hmm... looks like the years haven't helped our little science editor mellow down a bit. Although, I have to say, he seems to be quite the xenophobic prick compared to what I remember from the show. Even considering he was twisted and evil there. More machine than man...

And we simply can’t expect a reporter to do the job meant for a well-trained emergency worker or a doctor. I understand that there were some injuries last night that, if Superman had been a qualified medical doctor, could have been dealt with much more efficiently - sparing people from further injury.
Yes, and saving 50% of the people instead of 80% is certainly far less optimal than not doing anything and letting the emergency services rescue about 30%, huh? And Stafford is not even an *elected* politician. Instead, he's just a bureaucrat and still allowed to spew such crap. wave

She’d insist that they look for DNA evidence. And then, when she identified who had done this, she would nail their butts to her wall - right beside her poster signed by Norcross and Judd!
Sure... sure... anything else? Maybe a Pulitzer? :rolleyes: Insolent youths...

“This garbage you submitted on the fire. It’s not a story - it’s an editorial. The Daily Planet is not your personal forum for defending your actions. If there is an editorial to be written on your activities during the train accident, I’ll be the one to write it, not you. Your job is to write the news.”
To be fair, dear Preston might lack the people skills needed to run a ship like that but Perry would have done the same thing. Just presented it differently...

“Perry White, please. Tell him Bill Henderson is calling.”
Your Henderson is great! clap Loved the entire scene clap /wonders how that's different from the rest of the part. Or the story so far/ huh Oh well...

Grabbing his cloth, he began dabbing at the plans. When he finally stopped, he breathed a sigh of relief. They were still legible - or well, mostly legible. There was one section that was a little difficult to decipher, but he thought he could understand it well enough.
At first, I thought you might do something sneaky, like just dropping hints later on that lead back to the changes in the coffee spill. But no, you just plowed straight ahead cool

Passing by a newspaper dispenser for the Ink and Quill, she absently picked up the latest edition. Yawning, she looked at the front page.

Suddenly, she was wide awake.
devilsplat

I'm probably not going to be able to comment on the next part. Reading, yeah, but no comments till Sunday and I'm sure I'll be wanting to say a lot. But commenting separately after two parts *sigh*

Michael

Edit: Oh and how did Linda manage to make it to the Planet? Given Lois's backstory with Perry. Probably somebody Preston dragged away from the nearest street corner where she was selling for 50 an hour.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.