Laura I'm going to attempt to weave the footy and the footsie together wink . Thanks.

Ann
Do you realize that I have been a "Superman and Lois" fan for forty-one years?
I have been a Hawthorn fan for thirty-eight!!

Thanks for your lovely FDK, Ann. I was concerned that some would think that this Lois is too relaxed, too non-bitchy. However, I really believe that S1 Lois simply wouldn't have made it in the all-male world of footy. I tried not to diminish her drive and her ambition. She has achieved an enormous amount - although I do realise that that fact could get lost in the translation!

You've described so well the LnC relationship that I've tried to show. They are going to need that relationship to deal with a few roadblocks!

DW It was my favourite too ... until recently wink

Thanks.

Artemis

an awesome payoff for the angst.
Thanks! I know some people don't like the angst, but it has a purpose.

I'm looking forward to more waffyness.
Good, because when I wrote 25 and 26, I was starting to worry that the fic had got bogged in a puddle of WAFF.

Cristina Thanks, Cristina. It's always nice to hear that a part delivered. And it's great that this Lois and Clark read true.

Michael

Thanks, Michael. Yes, it was WAFF and very little else!

Sarah Thanks. When I started writing, I didn't think it would take 24 parts to get them together!

Elizabeth I hope your father's recovery goes really well. Thanks for taking the time to leave FDK.

lovesuper nfic - uhmm. A few ideas have occurred to me, but it will probably be like AMH - I'll finish this fic and want to move on to something else instead of lingering on this one.

Thanks for your FDK.

Tank

One has to wonder if the gentle readers are being set up for some terrible,horrible, unbelievably bad, stuff to come.
The readers are definitely being set up - I mean Lois and Clark are together, and there are still at least 10 parts to go. However, I'm not sure if it will be *quite* that bad.

I still have trouble seeing sports/football reporter as the best use of the talents of a Lois Lane.
I understand your point, but ...

Wouldn't many people think the same about fanfic? Wouldn't non-fanfic readers think what we do is not the best use of talents? Wouldn't many dismiss this entire board as a ridiculous waste of time and talent?

But it brings people enjoyment (as does footy). Of course, some people think that the serious things in life - politics, world affairs etc - are far more worthy than things that simply bring enjoyment - but I'm not sure I agree.

Perhaps, in my fictional world, there is an old lady for whom the highlight of the week is reading Lois Lane's match report. wink wink

Thanks for your thoughts, Tank. As I said, I do understand what you're saying (and I knew when I started this fic that the difficulty was going to be getting across how important footy is in Melbourne.)

Thanks

Corrina.