Corrina, I totally, completely love your portrait of Lois and Clark, and believe me when I say that I have some basis for comparison. Do you realize that I have been a "Superman and Lois" fan for forty-one years?

I have many reasons to be thankful for the Lois and Clark Tv show, but I have reasons not to be so enthusiastic, too. Lois and Clark in that show are not necessarily "my" Lois and Clark. Lois in there is sometimes downright bitchy, not at all the way I like to think about her. And I couldn't believe her stupidity when she failed to see through Clark's "disguise" right after she had gotten such a good look at his Superman face when he saved her from the Messenger, or whatever that spaceship was called. I found it still more incredible that she kept refusing to put two and two together after Clark kept running away from her and making all those super-lame excuses. That's not my Lois. And some of the things Clark did in the show were also mean and disrespectful, or at least I thought so.

But your portrait of Lois and Clark, Corrina, is just beautiful and lovely. I can feel how much you sympathize with both of them and how well you can understand them. Your portrait of them is so low-key. It's so easy to say about them, or at least to say about Clark, that he is wonderful, amazing, caring, unselfish, fantastic etcetera. You can say all these things, you can make a list of all these adjectives, but they won't make Clark come alive. Such a list of adjectives won't even make me like Clark. Indeed, even stories where Clark shows off all his good qualities, one after another, won't make me like him. I tend to get irritated at such stories instead.

No, I need stories exactly like this one instead, where Clark is genuinely modest and where he is uncertain and doubtful and full of love for Lois, and where he is amazed that she would love him back. Then I can really see how truly wonderful and amazing Clark is, and then I can love him with all my heart.

Your portrait of Lois is certainly one of the most lovable ones I have ever come across. Your Lois is strong, independent and determined, but she is also vulnerable and melancholy. She has so obviously a good heart and a lot of sympathy for other people, and she is so perfectly non-bitchy. She is not stupid in any way. I love it. And you make me feel that you love this Lois, Corrina, and you certainly make me feel that you love this Clark. And you show us why you love this Lois and this Clark in such a way that we can't help loving them either.

I love it! sloppy

Ann