As I was reading this, I noticed something. During the phone call in the beginning, Clark spoke to Officer Jones. Jones called him "flyboy".

“Yeah? Well you know what, flyboy? How about first, you explain to me how exactly you came to know whatever it is that you supposedly know about this case, and then I’ll see if I can find someone to talk to you about it?”
Then at the end, one of Clark's captors uses a horse voice (possibly to disguise it?) and says the same thing.

“We have Lois Lane. She’s being brought here as we speak. If you stay quiet and do as you’re told, nothing is going to happen to her – otherwise, we have no particular use for her. Get the picture, flyboy?”
We've been assumming that Inspector Ferreira was the bad guy, but maybe it's Officer Jones....

And it sounds like they know that Superman is blind. frown The cab brings him to the wrong location. Someone gives him a shove to show him where they want him to walk. I sure hope there is a way to cure Clark's blindness. Otherwise there are too many people who could figure out that Superman and Clark Kent are the same person.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon