Thanks for the continued support, HappyGirl! smile . I'm glad you think it works better this way smile .

Vicki, all I can say is: stay tuned smile . Your questions will be answered in time. Delighted to see that you're hooked, though wink .

QueenOfTheCapes, ditto smile . I hereby promise you that I will stop pouring over chapter five tomorrow morning at the latest, and send it off to my BR no matter what shape it is in at that point :p . Depending on Happy's schedule, then, it should be up at some point next week wink .

KathyB, yeah, it's a pickle, but no conflict, no story, right? wink . Thank you for telling me what seemed odd to you. The second one is actually something I've been aware of all along, but the scene just wouldn't work with a lawyer in it. The bit about the hand cuffs... I guess I'll have to change that if I don't want these police officers to come across as barbarians, huh?

IolantheAlias, yeah, I'll have to do something about the 'not calling a lawyer' bit. I'm very happy you liked the last couple of paragraphs, though, because those were actually one of the things I was most worried about. They were much worse before Happy got to see them, though, so I guess I should hand the woman another gold star wink .

laurach, I will. I'm glad you're reading and enjoying smile .

And Framework4, that's actually a really sensible suggestion. We know, after all, that Lois and Clark have a history of not trusting lawyers smile . Thank you for your contribution, that earns you a gold star, too!

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.