Another excellent part.

I declined their offer to let me call a lawyer — I’m innocent, and that should be all there is to it.
Lois, Lois, Lois! Don't you know that being innocent has nothing to do with it? Big mistake in not calling your lawyer. Your counsel could maybe get you out on bail (although it sounds like the fix is in and Lois is being railroaded toward a murder confession) and would certainly tell you to shut up.

(Of course we need Lois's and the officers's statements to keep the story going....how else to do the exposition?)

Clark is in a dilemma. Why doesn't he think about getting Lois a lawyer? (He probably just doesn't think that way - he just flies in, stops the bad guys, and flies out.) But he should think that way - if Superman is making citizen's arrests all the time, isn't he being called in to court to testify on a regular basis? So he should know about lawyers, etc.

And why am I worrying about lawyers and habeas corpus so much? It's definitely not germane to the story!

OK....back to feedback that might actually be helpful. I found the last few paragraphs, when Lois is alone in her cell, contemplating the CK=S revelation, to be particularly poignant. Especially the part about him not trusting her and how she felt about that.

I like how Jonathan is the voice of caution, and Martha is the voice of doing-what-needs-to-be-done. And I'm still wondering how Clark and Lois are going to get out of their respective pickles!