Ooh, more feedback! Very literary feedback, too. I've already mentioned that I didn't deliberately call up all these mythic archetypes, but it looks like they snuck up me when I weren't lookin'.

Carol, maybe Superman is icy because he's just discovered a room designed to keep him prisoner. Just because Robin's in there doesn't mean he isn't feeling as if he's the one in jail.

Wow, Ann. There's a lot in that glacier comment that I didn't know I was putting in. Maybe the ending to this mythical tale won't be quite so disastrous. And I'm extremely flattered that you want to set this story to music, although I might have chosen something by Lionel Ritchie.

Patrick, I think there's a difference here. In the story from which you're plucking that feedback, Superman acts preemptively to isolate Lex Luthor from any opportunity to wreak more havoc on his victims. Here, Lois is defending herself against a super-powered woman who has just tried to kill her. The circumstances aren't quite the same, although the common theme of incarceration without due process of law does exist.

Lisamaree, I'm sorry Clark is acting like such a dunderhead. If you factor in his ongoing conflict with his wife and his inability to resolve it, his sentence of never fathering a child, and his "home town" relationship with Robin, it's no wonder he's having trouble keeping it all straight in his head. But I think you'll see that things will be made clear in the next chapter. At least, I hope so.

Many decades ago, Ann, there was a "World's Finest" comic - which at the time featured mostly Superman/Batman teamup adventures - where Batman somehow flew the Batplane to a parallel world where he had no counterpart. Robin (Dick Grayson) had somehow gotten teamed up with Superman as crimefighters. I always wondered why Superman would need a human sidekick, but I guess it was a believable as anything else in those comics. Batman eventually got home with a renewed appreciation for Robin's contribution to the Bat-effort.

Barbara, thanks for reading. In the US, Robin couldn't be locked up anywhere unless she was convicted of a criminal act or was deemed a danger to herself or to others by a court. In either case, she'd probably end up right where she is now.

Lieta, thanks for reading and commenting! I think you're right about Superman's seeming unemotional state. I prefer to describe it as tight control due to the volatile mix of feelings he's experiencing. He's just looks unemotional because he's trying not to lose it.

Look for the last chapter on Thursday!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing