Rant duly enjoyed! I fully support your right to rant within FDK... actually I like it, because somehow my little story inspired it... is that strange? *shrugs*
No, I think it would be quite an ego boost to know that what you said or wrote ages ago has inspired a discussion. I could be greedy and admit that I wish my posts did that but I get such wonderful FDK that I'd immediately feel guilty! :-D

Even in the present - Lori's recent storyline in Superman Confidential was very unflattering to say the least. Never mind that it was supposedly mind-control.
Not even heard of Superman Confidential - assuming it is a new comic book. I need to get my hands on the comic books starting with the ones from the 30s - are they reprinting them in annuals or collections? It would be awesome if I got an original but I only want to read them at the moment so even a collection is fine. I also want to start reading the Batman ones. And if anyone knows where to get the DVD boxsets for the Adam West Batman Live Action TV series please let me know?

I don't know what is wrong with comic book writers sometimes - it's like they don't think logically about the characters at all half the time. We should form a protest group so that all the characters are written better. Grrrr.... And you know what, I didn't agree with everything Deborah Joy Levine did for the show but she was one of the best damn writers they had and she had to leave after the first season. Arrrghhh. She didn't want them to get together till the fifth season and had she stayed we would have more of Clark to gawk at. It could have run for years more. Gone more slowly, given us more thrills. Explored everything much better. Arrrrghhhh....

... OK, I'll shut up now.

Oh, yes, there was a lot more at work than Cat's comments, but a lot of it was working below the surface. I'm hoping to let Lois slowly figure out why the hell she did it, especially since I cut that scene completely out of Ch. 1. Lois doesn't really remember, so the reader won't really see it until she does.
Oh good, for a moment there I thought either a) missed it completely or b) read it and did give it the significance I should have because of cultural differences or something. Flashback!!! Yay!!!!

I'm about 500 words into the next part - I hope to get the rest pretty soon, but I have some other writing commitments. Hopefully they'll leave me time for this one! Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. [Smile]
We appreciate your writing so it's all good. Do you know that all I have thought about the entire week is that the only thing I have to do with myself at the moment is get up and come to the library and get onto the boards to read fanfic or post? My life is boring when the library is closed - I so need internet at home. What am I supposed to do between 9 pm and 8:15 am? (Don't say sleep.) I mean, yes my kitchen is a mess, I need to pack my bags, I should cook instead of getting takeaway and wasting my cash but.... waaaah I want internet at home. And my boyfriend back to take care of things.

I need a vacation .... with internet ... in preferably a non airconditioned environment so I don't have to have my fingers freeze when I type and I can be all snuggly and warm especially when I get to read the next installment of this story....

Can't wait! Can't wait!

Cheers, The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au