Hmmmm. That great comic book picture of Superman and the mermaid is from the sixties, the Silver Age, when I started reading comics. And the mermaid is Lori Lemaris, and not Lois at all! frown

Back then, Lois was not galactically stupid at all, but instead she was convinced that Clark Kent was Superman. She kept trying to prove it, but he always used his superpowers to thwart her attempts. He was really rather cruel to her in those days. When LNC:TNAOS was created, the producers decided to make Lois galactically stupid instead, so that Clark wouldn't have to be cruel to fool her. But I'm just having the hardest time with galactically stupid Lois! She isn't my Lois at all!

Anyway, the idea that Clark should have to dress up like Superman (and try to look like Clark-in-a-Superman-costume, and not like the real Superman at all) is so funny. I had a lot of fun at how you wrote Clark (and Lois) in that situation. clap

Another creation of the show, apart from galactically stupid Lois, is drunk Lois. She is not exactly a favorite of mine either, but I really had a lot of fun at this:

Images began to assault her senses then, and she suddenly remembered that Clark had been dressed as Superman tonight. She gasped, pulling back. Who had she just been kissing?

But before she could really think about that, he kissed her again. Hell, it doesn't matter who it is.
That's right, Lois! It doesn't matter which of Clark or Superman you kiss, as long as you are kissing one of them! rotflol

I, too, am glad to see that this is just part one. I'm looking forward to seeing where you will be taking this!

Ann