Originally posted by The Little Tornado:
Here's my $0.02:

Silver age Lois was never really developed as a character - she was a stereotypical woman who never listened and only wanted to get married. She never wanted anything else. I prefer the LNC:TNAOS Lois because she actually wants something - several things - respect, freedom, independence as well as the guy in tights and her best friend. And of course the LNC Lois is flawed - so she should be. Clark is flawed isn't he? How can Lois be expected to be perfect? And I don't think she's stupid - she spends the rest of her time trying to outthink criminals and the like to get a story and her colleagues to maintain her position, so when a fantasy presents itself why wouldn't she want to put the logical thinking on hold and escape into it. She loves both men damn it and he's always presented himself as two very similar but seperate men to her - how else is she supposed to think? It's not just her, he's fooling either.

Right rant over.
Rant duly enjoyed! I fully support your right to rant within FDK... actually I like it, because somehow my little story inspired it... is that strange? *shrugs*

Mermaid reference was awesome. I don't like Lori at all usually but that was more the fault of the writers - she deserves better writers - all the women deserved better writers in the past.
Even in the present - Lori's recent storyline in Superman Confidential was very unflattering to say the least. Never mind that it was supposedly mind-control.

I think you captured her confusion at the end very well? Clark? Superman? Kiss? What? But I doubt that it would have just been Cat Grant's comments that propelled her towards getting drunk. Drunk Lois only seems to come out when she is upset about something because she has her mother's past to scare out of getting drunk for any other reason. (I'm not sure I put that right but I hope it's comprehensible). Was it Superman not showing up? Maybe it was a combo of that and Cat trying to nick Clark away the whole night?
Oh, yes, there was a lot more at work than Cat's comments, but a lot of it was working below the surface. I'm hoping to let Lois slowly figure out why the hell she did it, especially since I cut that scene completely out of Ch. 1. Lois doesn't really remember, so the reader won't really see it until she does.

And I can't wait for the aftermath when she wakes up and realises who she kissed? As in Clark? Or Clark who is also Superman? He's in trouble!!!!

Waiting in anticipation, (and apologies for the rant),

The Little Tornado.
I'm about 500 words into the next part - I hope to get the rest pretty soon, but I have some other writing commitments. Hopefully they'll leave me time for this one! Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. smile